Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 5/14/12 - Reds at Braves

Re: 5/14/12 - Reds at Braves

1 1/2 games behind the Cardinals now. Way to go Cubs!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I'm sorry. I can't do that. I'll go along with "Yea! The Cards lost!" But I just can't bring myself to cheering a cubs win. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm sorry. I can't do that. I'll go along with "Yea! The Cards lost!" But I just can't bring myself to cheering a cubs win. :O)
    Kind of agree. Felt strange anyway. I guess the best outcome would be for both to lose.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Kind of agree. Felt strange anyway. I guess the best outcome would be for both to lose.
    5-5 tie heading into the 26th inning, both teams collapse from exhaustion and both forfeit. I could go for that scenario.

of course there were at least a dozen errors on both clubs. That goes without saying. And the goat eats the rally squirrel.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Best thing about the win?

Firstly, it came late agaisnt one of the best relievers in baseball.

And secondly, in our two run rally, Stubbs, Phillips and Heisey got the hits, while Votto and Bruce failed.

Is there anything that has run its course more than the chant and tomahawk chop? As annoying today as it was 20 years ago. Let it die with the wave. Please, Braves fans, let it die, please.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Is there anything that has run its course more than the chant and tomahawk chop? As annoying today as it was 20 years ago. Let it die with the wave. Please, Braves fans, let it die, please.
    Not.going.to.happen. They, along with Florida State, love it. In the Braves' case, all 10K of them. Best way to shut them up? Beat them. then the 8K who come back will do the same.

BTW, the teams I most hate in MLB are the Braves (Ted Turner saying he hated the Reds was enough), Pirates (it's personal), Cubs, St. Louis, and Dodgers. May they all rot in torment.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 05-14-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Senor Votto

Not.going.to.happen. They, along with Florida State, love it. In the Braves' case, all 10K of them. Best way to shut them up? Beat them. then the 8K who come back will do the same.

BTW, the teams I most hate in MLB are the Braves (Ted Turner saying he hated the Reds was enough), Pirates (it's personal), Cubs, St. Louis, and Dodgers. May they all rot in torment.
    A big reason for my hate of the Braves is the love of them around my area of WV. Seems like it's split between the Reds and Braves around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    A big reason for my hate of the Braves is the love of them around my area of WV. Seems like it's split between the Reds and Braves around here.
    You must live in the Logan area, where they have both the Braves and Reds on radio. I've never understood this. When I hear a fan of the Braves tell me they listen to the Braves on WVOW, I nearly puke. Everyone loves a winner and in the days when the Braves were really good, that was understandable, but these days only the TBS broadcasts, in the days when we only had 30 channels and the Reds deserted WV, was what feeded them (many Cubs fans also got that way because of WGN). These days, there are few stations that carry the Reds here. Only WCHS unless it preempts Rush Limbaugh and a station in Huntington. a far cry from the days when there were three or four stations carrying the Reds including WSAZ in Huntington. Thank God for DirecTV and FSO, not to mention Suddenlink Cable.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Senor Votto

You must live in the Logan area, where they have both the Braves and Reds on radio. I've never understood this. When I hear a fan of the Braves tell me they listen to the Braves on WVOW, I nearly puke. Everyone loves a winner and in the days when the Braves were really good, that was understandable, but these days only the TBS broadcasts, in the days when we only had 30 channels and the Reds deserted WV, was what feeded them (many Cubs fans also got that way because of WGN). These days, there are few stations that carry the Reds here. Only WCHS unless it preempts Rush Limbaugh and a station in Huntington. a far cry from the days when there were three or four stations carrying the Reds including WSAZ in Huntington. Thank God for DirecTV and FSO, not to mention Suddenlink Cable.
    Fayette. But it's mostly the younger generation that I notice as the Braves fans or the same people that are Steeler fans

Large areas of the Appalachian range are home to TBS inspired Braves fans. As a youth, I remember getting grief about the Reds. When you're a kid during the Glavine, Avery, Smoltz, Maddux years, it got old in a hurry.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Turn Off Ads?