Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Braves 5/14

Reds vs Braves 5/14

With last night's magic, why not try this again?

Cozart SS
    Stubbs CF
    Votto 1B
    Phillips 1B
    Bruce RF
    Heisey LF
    Frazier 3B
    Mesoraco C
    Bailey P

vs. Delgado
    Delgado has produced his two best starts of the year since ending April with two bad outings. Still attempting to gain confidence in his curveball, he relies heavily on a changeup that occasionally acts like a splitter.

Seem to be catching Delgado at a bad time, but for the year he is a very beatable 2-3, 4.54 ERA

HI-C gets another start, and Cozart returns to the lineup. Very excited to see this one tonight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs Braves 5/14

Glad to see Cozart back in the lineup. It was brutal watching Valdez attempt to play defense yesterday.

Heisey's throw to home to nail Espinosa was at a pretty crucial part of the game. Picked up Arroyo so to speak. Walk was huge after being down 0-2.

Finally!

This is the lineup I've waited for all season (Hanigan and Mesoraco could be flip-flopped, as I wouldn't care about either at this point). But, Heisey in LF and Frazier at 3B without Harris, Cairo, Rolen, Valdez or Ludwick anywhere in the lineup.

If only I could see this lineup 60 more times this year, or 100 more times this year with either Hanigan or Mesoraco as Catcher, we'd score at least one more run per game than we've been scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Finally!

This is the lineup I've waited for all season (Hanigan and Mesoraco could be flip-flopped, as I wouldn't care about either at this point). But, Heisey in LF and Frazier at 3B without Harris, Cairo, Rolen, Valdez or Ludwick anywhere in the lineup.

If only I could see this lineup 60 more times this year, or 100 more times this year with either Hanigan or Mesoraco as Catcher, we'd score at least one more run per game than we've been scoring.
    Other than the catcher's spot, this is probably our best potential lineup offensively, but at this point we are a much better team when Hanigan is behind the plate. I'm most concerned about Bailey tonight, because he got hit pretty hard his last time out. We need him to take over the #3 spot in the rotation, and the sooner the better.

Ryan Dempster, pitching better than anyone in the National League, is going against the Cardinals tonight. Hopefully Dempster gets more than the 2.04 runs per game he's been getting this season from the Cubs, who happen to have had their two highest Offensive Productions arrive over their last three games.

Can get within 1-1/2 tonight!

Let's Go REDS!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Other than the catcher's spot, this is probably our best potential lineup offensively, but at this point we are a much better team when Hanigan is behind the plate. I'm most concerned about Bailey tonight, because he got hit pretty hard his last time out. We need him to take over the #3 spot in the rotation, and the sooner the better.
    Agree, wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Ryan Dempster, pitching better than anyone in the National League, is going against the Cardinals tonight. Hopefully Dempster gets more than the 2.04 runs per game he's been getting this season from the Cubs, who happen to have had their two highest Offensive Productions arrive over their last three games.

Can get within 1-1/2 tonight!

Let's Go REDS!
    Dempster with a 1.03 ERA and zero wins. Crazy.

Tom

I'm really interested to see if Homer will be able to mix his pitches effectively tonight - it'd sure be nice to see him gain some confidence by going six or seven innings without giving up too many runs..

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Homer's going to get shelled tonight.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Given the history of the Reds facing first time "rookie" pitchers I am not to confident about tonight. I would be shocked to see more then 3-4 total hits and a run scored. I see tonight's game as troublesome in so many ways...

Oh and word out of St. Louis is Beltran not starting as knee is causing some pain and not just minor...

At least Cozart makes the pitcher throw a few pitches. That alone makes him a better leadoff candidate than Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Oh and word out of St. Louis is Beltran not starting as knee is causing some pain and not just minor...
    Hmmm ... interesting.

After yesterday's Votto explosion, I suspect the Reds will be handled today. Pretty bleak for a win unless Bailey is over his early season dido's.

Bailey and Latos will be known as Cheech and Chong by June 1st.

Turn Off Ads?