Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We ready to say Heisey's the 'everyday' LF?

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

We ready to say Heisey's the 'everyday' LF?

Not that he will literally play every day ... Ludwick is still going to get some starts. But it sure looks to me like young Mr. Heisey is pretty close to locking down that LF job and saying goodbye to a platoon situation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: We ready to say Heisey's the 'everyday' LF?

Why would anyone be ready to say that?

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

I think it's reasonably safe to say that Heisey has shown enough in the last 2 years to suggest that he is going to be better than he and Ludwick have been so far this year.

I'm not so sure you can say the same about Ludwick... I think he needed to get off to a better start. I'd give Heisey a good chance to run with the gig, mix in Ludwick sparingly.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

For now, yes. But you know he will look bad for a few games in a row later. I prefer day to day.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I can see why Heisey is on the ballclub. He has his hot streaks, good pinch hitter, plays all the outfield positions. Glad he's on the 25 man roster.

I wouldn't annoint him the team's starting LF quite yet. My own hope is that the starting left fielder is yet to be acquired.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I'm ready to say he's the hot hand right now, let's ride him. Beyond that, I hope we do a deadline deal for a legit right-handed #4 hitter who can play LF.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Not sure he's an everyday player, but I like him in LF better than I like Ludwick, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I can see why Heisey is on the ballclub. He has his hot streaks, good pinch hitter, plays all the outfield positions. Glad he's on the 25 man roster.

I wouldn't annoint him the team's starting LF quite yet. My own hope is that the starting left fielder is yet to be acquired.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Why would anyone be ready to say that?
    So we should mark you down as still fired up by the awful Ryan Ludwick?

Got it.

Heisey is one of the best 4th OF in the game. The problem however is that hes also our best option as of right now for LF. I hope Dusty rides his hot streak but I think Ludwick will still get his chances.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

I'm not sure Heisey has ever been given the chance to start an extended period of time. I hope Dusty puts him in the lineup for a while and just sees what happens. If anything Heisey has proven to be a good PH. He can make a good career from that whether it be with the Reds or other teams.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Heisey had 2 chances to start every day last year in late July and late September for about 15 games each.

Late July 56 PA - .240/.291/.420/.711
    Late Sept 56 PA - .308/.357/.654/1.011

I don't know, he's strong as an ox, probably the best power potential other than Mez, who doesn't play everyday, at this point I think even Dusty might be ready to say screw the platoon and pick a guy for a month and see what happens. I'd like for Phillips to lead off, so putting Heisey or Frazier in the cleanup would be interesting. That is, if Bruce doesn't end up in cleanup sometime.
    Unofficial Johnny Cueto Cy Young Campaign President For Reds Fans by a Reds Fan
    Johnny Cueto's Next Start:
    AUGUST 20, 7:15 PM ET @ Busch Stadium
    MORTAL COMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

If there is no deal to be had for a RH cleanup hitter in left (and I just don't know who that person is), I'm ok with Heisey there 75% of the games the rest of the year. I'm ready to cut bait on Ludwick.

My real hope is the RH cleanup hitter can be found at third base, and Heisey becomes a fine 6-hole man.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Yep, ready to say it. Ludwick has shown to be incompetent with the bat, seems to struggle to make contact anymore. With that said, Heisey will be streaky and it won't be too long until he goes into a funk and we will all be calling for his head. Until then, roll on Hi-C.

A thousand times yes. It is his time. Ludwick is clearly not the answer. If Heisey fails in an extended audition this year, I might be more receptive to those who say he is a 4th OF. But the jury is still out IMO.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Turn Off Ads?