Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 5/16/12 - Reds at Mets

Re: 5/16/12 - Reds at Mets

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Yep, and you thought I was bad. I've been redeemed.
    Like someone else said earlier you bring a nice touch of reality to the game threads.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nice win. I fell asleep when the Reds were down 3-2. I really didn't think they would win that one last night. I thought I would include the game notes from Yahoo. They made a slight mis-spelling of a name.

NOTES: Leake had two hits, giving him 31 over the last three seasons. Only Yovani Gallardo, with 32, has more among pitchers, according to STATS, LLC. ... The Reds visited Citi Field for a two-game series, before remaining in New York for the weekend to play the Yankees. They're the first team to play both New York teams in the same trip since interleague play began. Other teams have previously doubled up on the White Sox and Cubs, Angels and Dodgers, and Athletics and Giants. ... Wednesday was the 52nd birthday of Cincinnati bullpen coach Porky Lopez.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Did anyone else find it ironic that Dusty pinch hit Jay to face a "loogy"? I realize that Bruce has hit Byrdak well, and I never have a problem with Jay getting an AB regardless of the LH/RH thing... I just found it amusing that as much as Dusty talks about splitting the lefties, he went to the stronger bat and against his normal decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Nice win. I fell asleep when the Reds were down 3-2. I really didn't think they would win that one last night. I thought I would include the game notes from Yahoo. They made a slight mis-spelling of a name.

NOTES: Leake had two hits, giving him 31 over the last three seasons. Only Yovani Gallardo, with 32, has more among pitchers, according to STATS, LLC. ... The Reds visited Citi Field for a two-game series, before remaining in New York for the weekend to play the Yankees. They're the first team to play both New York teams in the same trip since interleague play began. Other teams have previously doubled up on the White Sox and Cubs, Angels and Dodgers, and Athletics and Giants. ... Wednesday was the 52nd birthday of Cincinnati bullpen coach Porky Lopez.
    What's wrong with this? I thought that's what they called him?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Did anyone else find it ironic that Dusty pinch hit Jay to face a "loogy"? I realize that Bruce has hit Byrdak well, and I never have a problem with Jay getting an AB regardless of the LH/RH thing... I just found it amusing that as much as Dusty talks about splitting the lefties, he went to the stronger bat and against his normal decision making.
    Rauch, a RHer was in the game when the PHer was announced. Collins made his move after Bruce was brought in the game. I'm sure Dusty knew he would bring in Byrdak, but for obvious reasons, liked that matchup for Jay anyhow. Turns out Bruce won the matchup again, nearly hit another long one, but did his job regardless.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?