Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 5/17/12 - Reds @ Mets

Re: 5/17/12 - Reds @ Mets

Pinch double for Heisey, Reds with two on in the ninth.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Game over. Reds did not prevail today.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    This 91mph pitch and the resulting call from the HP umpire cost this ballgame. Human element anyone?
    Looks like the same right-down-the-middle pitch Ondrusek threw to every other batter that resulted in a hit...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Looks like the same right-down-the-middle pitch Ondrusek threw to every other batter that resulted in a hit...
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Latos is going to need to be more efficient and pitch deeper into ballgames in order to prevent things like this from happening.
    Latos is not making anyone forget Volquez.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Congratulations to Joey Votto, who ties Reggie Sanders for 18th place on the Reds' all-time home run list.

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Barry Larkin - 198
    10. Vada Pinson - 186
    11. Wally Post - 172
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Brandon Phillips - 126
    18. Reggie Sanders - 125
    18. Joey Votto - 125
    20. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    21. Sean Casey - 118
    22. Frank McCormick - 110
    22. Jay Bruce - 110
    24. Dave Parker - 107
    25. Chris Sabo - 104
    26. Dave Concepcion - 101
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

This Reds team just keep proving to me over and over that they are no better than a .500 team. Dumb misplays in the field and lack of clutch hitting all point to a very mediocre team. We'll see what they can do in Yankee Stadium this weekend. Pitching matchups favor them in the first two and the last game is a great matchup between Cueto and Sabathia.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This Reds team just keep proving to me over and over that they are no better than a .500 team. Dumb misplays in the field and lack of clutch hitting all point to a very mediocre team. We'll see what they can do in Yankee Stadium this weekend. Pitching matchups favor them in the first two and the last game is a great matchup between Cueto and Sabathia.
    First of all they are playing some good teams right now. If they can play .500 through this stretch, that'd be great.

However I don't think they are much better than a .500 team right now. In order to get better, they need a reliever so that Chapman can go into the rotation and they need either a 3B or a LF. I think LF is easier to fill so I think they should be working on that and we'll have to live with Frazier at 3B. But give me a middle reliever and a LF and the mediocre division is ours for the taking. Maybe Bray can be that middle reliever. I don't know but I don't see a LF option in the organization

Turn Off Ads?