Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What did Leake's start tell you?

What did Leake's start tell you?

After last nights outing, how should we view Leake?

Did he up his status and provide no reason to demote for some work?

Did he do okay given it was the Mets who are not a top tier team?

Did he get lucky and still needs work with Ted Power in AAA?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Re: What did Leake's start tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    After last nights outing, how should we view Leake?

Did he up his status and provide no reason to demote for some work?

Did he do okay given it was the Mets who are not a top tier team?

Did he get lucky and still needs work with Ted Power in AAA?
    1. He doesn't need demoted just to get some work, he gets work every 5th day.

2. The Mets are a pretty good team, so to do good against them is doing pretty good. Have you seen some of the averages in that lineup?

3. Didn't get lucky, he had good command of his pitches last nite.

Right now Mike Leake is what he is, a #5 starter who has some things he needs to work on, who has very little AAA time and came straight to the big leagues from college. Im not in the line of thinking that he needs to be demoted all of a sudden because he got off to a slow start. I you remember back to ST everyone was saying he was the #3 or #4 pitcher, mostly the #3.

Last time I checked Francis isn't exactly mowing people down in AAA. And Chapman ain't stretched out enough at this point. So id say he earned himself a couple more starts.

Leake had an effective start for a fifth starter. It didn't tell me much because he was giving up bloop hits all night but it did buy him more time to get the ship righted. The most impressive feat was that he was facing a lineup of 6 left handed hitters and held them to 1ER, and probably goes deeper than 6 innings without a rare error by Votto.

The odds are that Leake will return to fine form. The only questions are when, and whether a stint in Louisville will be necessary. Leake is too good to stay as cr*ppy as he has been.

The Strike out of David Wright is what impressed me the most from leake last night and it tells me he is starting to return to form but i definately would not object to them sending him down to work with Doc Feel Good AKA tedd powers

Hopefully he can continue having starts like that.

Otherwise he will have to return to his shoplifting ways

Turn Off Ads?