Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
I don't think its an overhaul. Its a fine tuning. It could even be as simple as moving Phillips back to leadoff and move Bruce into cleanup and run with it. Dump Ludwick, get a replacement. Could he be any worse? Its a tweak, not an overhaul. But it is broken down. Like a car, it needs to go into the shop, but that doesn't mean the engine is blown. A simpler fix can often get the thing running right again.
Maybe they could just go down to their AAA team and bring up the hottest bat of the season so far, which is . . . Paul Janish. . . . Never mind.

Seriously, I think you're right. They are not that far off. I was being overly optimistic in a post above in talking about the impact a real masher in the middle of the lineup could have (adding a Dave Parker or Kevin Mitchell type from the good old days!), but the changes you mention could have an impact. Those changes along with perhaps shaking things up by finally fulfilling my dream and sending Dust in the Wind, blown away from Cincy and never seen again.

I close my eyes
Only for a moment and the moment's gone
All my dreams
Pass before my eyes a curiosity

Dust in the wind
All we need is dust in the wind