Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Yankees Friday 5/18

Re: Reds vs. Yankees Friday 5/18

Arroyo really did pitch lights out for almost 8 innings. Oh, how the Yankees must hate him, I imagine many of them faced him when he was with the BoSox.
    This is a good sign for him the rest of the season. That's about the only silver lining I see tonight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    MELVIN!!!!
    Haha at this point I'd be happy to see a new face.

Someone asked why Cairo was DHing and I thought it was a good question... Then I realized Mesoraco, Valdez, Ludwick, and George Costanza were our other options. That's terrible.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Something needs to be done about this offense. This isn't on Dusty or any one player in particular, this is a team problem.
    I would say the organization as a whole needs to be taken to task. The Reds simply are a very poorly put together baseball team. Say what you want fans, but this team is not playing below their potential. Only Votto and Bruce are above average players in 2012 MLB. Outside of a staff throwing like the 1968 Cards this team will not finish better than .500

Key offseason adds were a LF who has not had a good year in a while, a utility infielder that was wanted by no one. The Reds money men had legit shots at Beltran and others and played it safe with retreads they were familiar with.

I am biased, but I do not see this as a Dusty problem, unless he has complete say in who the team signs and does not sign.

Oh well, at least I made money on the Facebook IPO today....oh wait...DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Cueto's only 26 but he's clearly far more intelligent than Latos.
    Two years of experience is HUGE

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Haha at this point I'd be happy to see a new face.

Someone asked why Cairo was DHing and I thought it was a good question... Then I realized Mesoraco, Valdez, Ludwick, and George Costanza were our other options. That's terrible.
    Yeah, I've offered my Overt Sabotage by Manager (OSM) hypothesis to the RedsZone community for years now, to practically no response.

With that in mind, I'd like to outline my new Covert Sabotage by General Manager (CSGM) hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    I would say the organization as a whole needs to be taken to task. The Reds simply are a very poorly put together baseball team. Say what you want fans, but this team is not playing below their potential. Only Votto and Bruce are above average players in 2012 MLB. Outside of a staff throwing like the 1968 Cards this team will not finish better than .500

Key offseason adds were a LF who has not had a good year in a while, a utility infielder that was wanted by no one. The Reds money men had legit shots at Beltran and others and played it safe with retreads they were familiar with.

I am biased, but I do not see this as a Dusty problem, unless he has complete say in who the team signs and does not sign.

Completly on Dusty....no but poor navy sure doesn't help...

We have 3 two hole hitters, 0 leadoff hitters, and 0 cleanup hitters.

I would sacrifice Stubbs' comfort for the better of the team and go with

1. Phillips
    2. Cozart
    3. Votto
    4. Bruce
    5-7. Stubbs-Heisey-Frazier in any order
    8. Hanigan
    9. P

If that doesn't work then we're SOL and we live with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by CU2morrownite View Post
    Find a true right handed power bat and move Phillips back to leadoff and Cozart #2..C'mon Jocketty! Do your job!!!!!!!!
    The last thing this team needs is another right handed bat.

Bright side: Bullpen (Arrendondo) only throws 6 pitches. Should be much more rested for the next two games.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post

I've been saying this since the second week of the season and all I heard was that it was too early to panic. Now that the season is a quarter gone, it doesn't look like there's been much change.

This team has so much trouble putting the bat on the ball. It's hard to watch.
    This team doesn't strike out a lot. Didn't you read the thread in Sundeck? They proved it with dead people eating lunch and roaches. Don't look at the numbers. They don't mean anything. It's dead people and roaches from here on out.

It's funny how people will pile on a guy no matter what. Stubbs has had two good at bats today which is more than the rest of the team can say.
    Two good at-bats. We have really lowered the bar around here.

You guys realize how much our bullpen has been worked lately right? We kinda had to ride with Arroyo late into this game.

But typical Arroyo, when it goes wrong it's 3 runs in 3 minutes.
    LeCure didn't pitch against either Atlanta or the Mets. That being said Bronson was cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Two good at-bats. We have really lowered the bar around here.
    At that point he had only had 3 at bats, and nobody else on the team had done a thing. I just thought it was odd to jump on the one guy in our lineup who was having some minor success.

Turn Off Ads?