Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Verlander with no-no in 9th

Verlander with no-no in 9th

Vs. Pirates....
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Verlander with no-no in 9th

McHenry grounds out to short...one down.
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

Josh Harrison singles to center....

You jinx it.

Yeah right....

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Thanks for the tip. I turned on MLB Network to watch it after reading the OP. My son walks into the room to ask me why I'm watching this game. I tell him and about a second later Verlander gives up the hit.
    /r/reds

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I throw BP to Josh Harrison in the winter. I get him out all the time. I bet Verlander regrets throwing a curve ball he had shown Harrison 4 times in that AB. Verlander was throwing 99 MPH in the 9th and had already slowed down Harrison's velocity perception and bat. Throwing 99 under his hands would have looked like 105.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?