Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You know what makes me sick...

You know what makes me sick...

The fact that this could be our team right now.

Cozart
    Phillips
    Votto
    Hamilton
    Dunn
    Bruce
    Hannigan
    Rolen

Even with those 2 in the OF this is still our rotation.

Cueto
    Bailey
    Chapman
    Arroyo
    Leake

Reds Management=

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: You know what makes me sick...

How do u pay for that lineup?

For starters I don't do the extensions. I would have rather rode out 2009-2012 with a 4 year dynasty and see what happened.

I HATE the BP extension, all he is worried about is prissing around 2B with his glove.

I miss Adam Dunn-LF solved if we kept him.
    HAmilton-Cleanup solved, nuff said. We would have had a hell of a 4 years and would still be enjoying the success.

Kind of surprised you dont have Edwin at 3rd!!!!!!! LOL

I know what you are saying will. I think about Dunn and Hamilton quite a bit these days and wonder "What if?".
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

This is the year

Im right there with ya. I hate the comments about How do you pay for that. Championships pay for that. Fans in the seats for a winning ball club pay for that. One of the richest owners in the league PAYS for that!

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    For starters I don't do the extensions. I would have rather rode out 2009-2012 with a 4 year dynasty and see what happened.

I HATE the BP extension, all he is worried about is prissing around 2B with his glove.

I miss Adam Dunn-LF solved if we kept him.
    HAmilton-Cleanup solved, nuff said. We would have had a hell of a 4 years and would still be enjoying the success.
    Well we didn't have the pitching the past few years and Dumb would have cost and Hamilton is going to get paid...no way Reds could afford that roster.

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Hindsight is 20/20

Dunn is still Dunn regardless if he hits 70 homers....he still can't play LF to save his life and he will strike out a bunch....Adam would be great for this club if he wouldn't demand top dollar....Hamilton on the other hand I wish we would still have....I loved the trade when it happened and I am less than liking it now....himdsight is 20/20 and it sure would be nice to see Josh hitting in this lineup...wow. But the bigger question is if we had Adam and josh, how in the world would dusty make up a lineup with all those lefties?

Why would any team want Adam Dunn? I like your idea but you shot yourself in the foot. Might as well have Taveras on there.

Same with Rolen. You could have named Francisco or E5.

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

at the pining after Adam Dunn. You do realize that he statistically had third-worst season by any position player in the PAST 50 YEARS last season? I'm sure no one has changed their tune since then, along with being EE's biggest secret fan. Not to mention Dunn is a terrible chemistry guy. But other than that, he's awesome.

The Hamilton trade has been discussed ad nauseum. I'm not going there.

Why would any team want Adam Dunn? I like your idea but you shot yourself in the foot. Might as well have Taveras on there.
    Yeah, the Reds have no use for a .932 OPS player in left.

Not to mention, the return, or lack thereof, once he was dealt was/is indefensible.

As for Rolen I was all acquiring him....in 2002.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Dunn a terrible chemistry guy? He's routinely called one of the nicest, likable, and funniest guy in the league. I can't get on board with that statement.

Though I do agree he can't play field to save his life. But his OBP and power would look great in our lineup right now.

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner44 View Post
    Dunn a terrible chemistry guy? He's routinely called one of the nicest, likable, and funniest guy in the league. I can't get on board with that statement.

Though I do agree he can't play field to save his life. But his OBP and power would look great in our lineup right now.
    I may be wrong there. Thought I read on this board somewhere how a few beat reporters for the Reds were relieved when the Dunn/Griffey dynamic of the locker room was finally changed (and now of course can't find it to save my life). However, doesn't really change the fact that Reds fans would've tied Dunn to a Buick and thrown him in the river after witnessing his last season.

Now, an argument about how Yonder might look nice in LF I'd definitely entertain.

Can you imagine what this board would have been like if Dunn had his 2011 season as a Red? I'm guessing it would have imploded in on itself.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    Im right there with ya. I hate the comments about How do you pay for that. Championships pay for that. Fans in the seats for a winning ball club pay for that. One of the richest owners in the league PAYS for that!
    You don't know much about operating a business, do you?
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Turn Off Ads?