Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 5/19/12 - Reds at Yankees

Re: 5/19/12 - Reds at Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    This is my fifth in five days. Aren't they back in June sometime?
    Yes the Reds are back in NY one more time for a weekend series with the Mets June 15th through 17th

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    It looked to me as if the Yankees were simply waiting for fastballs from Marshall in the belief that he would eventually throw one. They were right. They took a number of good curve balls for strikes, but when he came in with the FB, they didn't miss it. Maybe Marshall shouldn't throw the FB for a strike. Pattern bears watching.
    From what I've been seeing, the fastball is indeed his problem. He's been leaving it up in the middle of the dish basically. But isn't the fastball the easiest to locate? I always felt it was personally. So with that in mind, I don't see this being a lingering problem for him. His breaking balls are money in the bank. FB's out of the zone to keep the hitters timing off and he'll be right as rain IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    From what I've been seeing, the fastball is indeed his problem. He's been leaving it up in the middle of the dish basically. But isn't the fastball the easiest to locate? I always felt it was personally. So with that in mind, I don't see this being a lingering problem for him. His breaking balls are money in the bank. FB's out of the zone to keep the hitters timing off and he'll be right as rain IMO.
    Why he's throwing heat anywhere resembling the zone is beyond me. I think a high tight FB would do wonders for him.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Abso-friggin-loutly.

Turn Off Ads?