Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TLR

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

TLR

Would he come out of retirement to manage this team if Bob and Walt asked him?

I always hated TLR, but at this point, I could probably stand him better than the current situation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: TLR

I'd rather have Francona

Anybody but Busty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Why?

He'd do something everyday that would cause thread creations and mental meltdowns too.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I might have to abandon my beloved Reds if TLR came on board. I've been a life long Reds fan for over 40 years. My loathing of TLR is that strong. Dead serious.

No TLR. please. I'd rather have Francona and any number of other possibilities. Larusa would drive RZ nuts, too, but if he brings Duncan with him...nah.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

There's not enough bandwidth for me to list every human being (and some animals, including my dog) that I would prefer as the Reds manager over TLR.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

No manager will make people happy. As WOY said TLR, Francona, Torre, Maddon, doesn't matter, hell will be unleashed upon them by this place.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Anybody but Busty.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    No manager will make people happy. As WOY said TLR, Francona, Torre, Maddon, doesn't matter, hell will be unleashed upon them by this place.
    So don't have a manager. Let the coaches handle things.

IIRC, Francona wasn't afraid to split the lefties in his time.

I remember how hated Pete Rose was in New York by the Mets fans in the 70's but if he would have become a Met they would have hero worshiped him. I would almost bet the same would come true if LaRussa Came here and won.LOL almost anyway.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    I remember how hated Pete Rose was in New York by the Mets fans in the 70's but if he would have become a Met they would have hero worshiped him. I would almost bet the same would come true if LaRussa Came here and won.LOL almost anyway.
    I'm involved with a tech start up that has a social gaming project in the works. Everyone hates Zynga because they're the top dogs in that realm and use that position to bully. I have fundamental disagreements with how they treat the business, their customers, and employees. At the same time, I'd have absolutely no problem with them buying us out and me being able to take my 15% and hang out drinking fancy coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    I don't want to win the TLR way. I would be embarressed to be a Reds fan, no matter how much they won.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

"Busty" is so beneath ORG standards. "Whiffey" anyone?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?