Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it at all possible that a couple mods could be added for The Sun Deck?

part of BBN

Re: Is it at all possible that a couple mods could be added for The Sun Deck?

I dont mean this disrespectful to any "Sundeck"ers to which I am one but I no longer read it for the most part, due to... as the original poster put it.... being almost "unbearable".
    I may have posted 3 or 4 times over that past 6 or 7 months in the actual Sundeck forum. Some posters are fine I am sure, but the majority of the dialogue got to be too ridiculous to read.
    Some good members may have left as someone said but probably some like me, just read the ORG and post periodically in the other sections such as "The Tavern" etc.
    This is still an excellent site but the qualityof discussion in the Sundeck has really took a major downward turn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I dont mean this disrespectful to any "Sundeck"ers to which I am one but I no longer read it for the most part, due to... as the original poster put it.... being almost "unbearable".
    I may have posted 3 or 4 times over that past 6 or 7 months in the actual Sundeck forum. Some posters are fine I am sure, but the majority of the dialogue got to be too ridiculous to read.
    Some good members may have left as someone said but probably some like me, just read the ORG and post periodically in the other sections such as "The Tavern" etc.
    This is still an excellent site but the qualityof discussion in the Sundeck hi s really took a major downward turn.
    This is exactly how I feel also. I've come to accept that l'll always be a "sun Decker" simply because I just can't read the sun deck as it currently is.

I've pretty much become strictly a reader here as I find all the other forums full of quality discussion.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    This is exactly how I feel also. I've come to accept that l'll always be a "sun Decker" simply because I just can't read the sun deck as it currently is.

I've pretty much become strictly a reader here as I find all the other forums full of quality discussion.
    Post in the other sections. Then apply for access. If you are a good poster in the other sections you might well get voted in anyway.

If everyone who thinks they're too good to post in the Sundeck, would actually post in the Sundeck, maybe the quality of discussion would be better. I personally don't have a problem with the Sundeck. I don't judge other people and I'm not here to impress anyone. I'm here because I love Reds baseball and I love talking Reds baseball.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    If everyone who thinks they're too good to post in the Sundeck, would actually post in the Sundeck, maybe the quality of discussion would be better. I personally don't have a problem with the Sundeck. I don't judge other people and I'm not here to impress anyone. I'm here because I love Reds baseball and I love talking Reds baseball.
    Very well said New York.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I am not allowed to post in the Sundeck. But, if I were a new poster looking for a message board, I wouldn't post on the Sundeck for the same reason I wouldn't post on ESPN.com, the discussion isn't often a discussion. It is a bunch of emotional reactions and blanket statements with no reasoning behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It is a bunch of emotional reactions and blanket statements with no reasoning behind them.
    That's an accurate description of a handful of posters on Sundeck, but not an accurate description of us as a whole. It's not fair to group us all in with a few posters who blow a gasket every time the Reds fall behind in a game.

I am not allowed to post in the Sundeck. But, if I were a new poster looking for a message board, I wouldn't post on the Sundeck for the same reason I wouldn't post on ESPN.com, the discussion isn't often a discussion. It is a bunch of emotional reactions and blanket statements with no reasoning behind them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Dont know really how to reply to that comment because I am biting my tongue. Why dont you tell us what site you recommend for us "new posters". I am sure everyone would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Dont know really how to reply to that comment because I am biting my tongue. Why dont you tell us what site you recommend for us "new posters". I am sure everyone would be interested.
    Pretty sure Doug did not mean that as a slam, he was just saying there is very little intelligent discussion only the standard Stubbs sucks, I hope Rolen never comes back and Dusty is stupid threads.

I really don't post in the Sundeck that much because there is very little that I can add to the discussion that is going on, but I read the org and honestly there is very little good discussion going on there as well.

Not sure what the reason is but it seems the level of this entire board has gone down its sad IMO.
    Last edited by redsfanmia; 05-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Pretty sure Doug did not mean that as a slam, he was just saying there is very little intelligent discussion only the standard Stubbs sucks, I hope Rolen never comes back and Dusty is stupid threads.

I really don't post in the Sundeck that much because there is very little that I can add to the discussion that is going on, but I read the org and honestly there is very little good discussion going on there as well.

Not sure what the reason is but it seems the level of this entire board has gone down its sad IMO.
    That may be.....but it was a piss poor comment to make period.

As I said earlier, it aint like 3,000 members gather every week-end to discuss the Reds in somebody's backyard. It is the internet for Peete's Sake. You are going to have idiots and you are going to have children that dont know squat. I thought this was a forum? Where as long as the rules were followed everyone was welcome. Do we have a QC manager here somewhere to check the "worthiness" of each post?

And BTW what does determine a "quality post"? I am really curious. Members venting their frustrations is just the way of the world. I seem to sense a "Holier than Thou" attitude in the masses.

I will get off my soap box right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    That may be.....but it was a piss poor comment to make period.
    Maybe it is just me, but I expect more than some of the things I read in the Sundeck. I stand by what I said. Of course there are going to be some good posters and bad posters on any forum where there are a lot of users. But Redszone used to be better at avoiding posters who were unthoughtful and simply negative to be negative. Now, not so much.

Do we have a QC manager here somewhere to check the "worthiness" of each post?
    Assuming there is a logical thought process behind it that can be backed up, it passes my test.

And BTW what does determine a "quality post"? I am really curious. Members venting their frustrations is just the way of the world. I seem to sense a "Holier than Thou" attitude in the masses.
    See above for what I would suggest is a quality post. Redszone, in both forums, used to be great for quality discussion. I just don't see nearly as much of that as I used to. I think part of it is that the good posters from the Sundeck who do decide to stick around long enough head to the ORG and leave the dreck in the sundeck. That of course leaves the ORG with mostly the same guys with the same ideas and it really just feels like the same discussions over and over because there aren't that many new users joining the ranks. I also have to wonder if the Political/Religion discussions being allowed hasn't added a bit to the decline in the discussion as perhaps we take things too seriously there and let it carry over.

I don't know exactly what the reasons are, but Redszone used to have better discussion all around than it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Actually there is plenty of that in the ORG too

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Sad but true. I won't lie, I had had my 'WTH is Dusty thinking' threads....

Sad but true. I won't lie, I had had my 'WTH is Dusty thinking' threads....
    I tend to tune out those threads that whine about Dusty. Truth is managers are criticized all over the place when their team is losing. It happened a few days ago in Detroit and their manager is one of the best in MLB

"Things I always get a kick out of ... you win 95 games as a manager and all of a sudden you are not going well, (then) you are a dummy. Now (fans think) you need a different manager, a different hitting coach, a different pitching coach," he said. "That is usually not the answer. We are not doing anything different than we did last year."
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012052...s-fans-passion

Dusty's got a resume that tops most MLB managers. We don't have to agree with every move he makes but some of the fans disdain for him is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think that is the rub. While the average ORG post certainly comes with more analysis, they are often laden with various levels of condescension. I do not say this to be hostile. I enjoy reading many of the threads there. But in my opinion, the best example of civil and clean baseball discussion on this board is found in the Minor league Talk section. If at all possible, I would try to recruit some of the more active posters in the Minor League forum as Mods.

Just my two cents.

Turn Off Ads?