Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sunday, May 20, 2012, Minor-League Updates

Sunday, May 20, 2012, Minor-League Updates

Neftali Soto grand-slammed in a 5-run sixth and Louisville won 7-3. Pedro Villarreal gave up 2 runs in 6.2 nice innings. Danny Dorn was 3-4 with two doubles.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sunday, May 20, 2012, Minor-League Updates

Corcino fanned 9 in six innings (4 hits) and Pensacola leads 3-2 in the seventh . . . whoops, now it's tied 3-3 with Drew Hayes pitching. Brodie Greene and Josh Fellhauer--now batting cleanup--each has two hits.

Pedro Villareal with a decent start in AAA. 6.2 IP, 4H, 2BB, 5K, 0HR, 2 ER. Reds may need him at some point.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sean Buckley (2-3) homered and doubled, Juan Perez (2-2) doubled twice and Ryan Wright (3-4, SB) also doubled in Dayton's 6-4 victory. Tanner Robles started, but the Dragons got four innings of scoreless relief from James Allen, Michael Dennhardt and Kyle McMyne (1.16).

Fellhauer .329/.430/.443/.873. May be a lefty OF option at some point. He does most of his damage against RHP (.976 OPS). The sample is small, but the Reds could really use a LH Hitting OF who might have more promise than the typical journeyman (Dorn, Rhinehart, Jones, Perez). Good defender from all reports.

After a couple of mediocre years, do you leave him to enjoy success in AA or do you challenge him by moving him up? The Reds need options from the LH side and, right now, Fellhauer may be the best one in the high minors.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Clayton Tanner struggled in the eighth and Pensacola fell 4-3.

Bakersfield trails 2-0 in the third. Renken's pitching.

Would be nice to see Soto build up some value and be a piece of a deal (along with Cingrani?) to get a real slugger for LF.
    Go BLUE!!!

Daniel Renken roughed up. 4.1 IP, 6H, 3BB, 3K, 2HR, 5ER. Bakersfield losing 8-0 with only 2 hits (Mattair, Matthews).

Nice to see our cellar-dwellers in Dayton and Louisville have good days. They've not been much to write home about lately.

Went to the Wahoos game against the Suns. Corcino looked very good with the exception of one Home Run that is still going.

Stephen Hunt was playing LF. First time I've ever seen him. It was just one game but he was a bit of a butcher out there today. First batter of the game hit a liner to him that he either went back on or just froze, and then had to come charging in and couldn't get there in time. But it should have been caught.

And then the winning run scored on a ball off his glove as he collapsed on the warning track and dropped it. I'm not sure if he thought he was getting ready to hit the wall or what. He came up lame but stayed in game.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

Stephen Hunt was playing LF. First time I've ever seen him. It was just one game but he was a bit of a butcher out there today. First batter of the game hit a liner to him that he either went back on or just froze, and then had to come charging in and couldn't get there in time. But it should have been caught.

And then the winning run scored on a ball off his glove as he collapsed on the warning track and dropped it. I'm not sure if he thought he was getting ready to hit the wall or what. He came up lame but stayed in game.
    Haven't seen Hunt, but that computes. Last year, he started out hitting like crazy in Bakersfield, driving in runs left and right, but still didn't play every. I assumed it was because (as a LH hitter) he didn't hit lefties or something; but after your testimony it seems that there were probably other considerations.

Turn Off Ads?