Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My biggest Dusty Issue

My biggest Dusty Issue

Ok, here is my thing with Dusty.

When he throws out crazy lineups, takes out hot hitters, etc, he always says, "Bruce doesnt hit him well, but Cairo is 4 for 9 so that is why he is in there." Or Chapman gave up a HR to Joe Blow last year, that is why I brought in Lecure instead."

So, fine, we have all learned to accept it.

So, explain this.

Runner on second
    One out
    tie game
    Ibanez up
    Ibanez is 5 for 13 against Cueto and lit him up the last time they played.
    We cant hit Sabathia, so one run may win it.
    Why not put Ibanez on and set up the double play.

I dont like Dusty, and my reason isnt that he makes dumb moves, its the "reasons" he gives for making them.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    His reasons are priceless.

WDD

EMAW

Re: My biggest Dusty Issue

He sucks, that's why he has over 1500 career wins

hes great thats why he helped the reds get harris, patterson, taveras and plays stubbs 185 games a year

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    He does suck. So why doesn't he have 1550 wins, 1600 etc. Your argument is specious.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by IamRV View Post
    He does suck. So why doesn't he have 1550 wins, 1600 etc. Your argument is specious.
    LOL, you hate to give the guy any credit, the haters keep on hating

He is great with players but to a fault.

He is an absolutely horrendous strategic thinker and has a warped sense of what players should be and what he wants them to be. Not what they actually are. His lineup construction is borderline criminal and truly insane.

Complaining about pitching to Ibanez sounds like a big second guess to me. The thought of walking him to get to Swisher never entered my mind. Baker managed his butt off today, and most of his moves worked.

If you want to complain about Ibanez, complain about not trying to sign him over the winter for a paltry million dollers.

Like someone said the other day. Ibanez took 900k or 1M or whatever to play for the skankees, that doesnt mean that is all he would have taken to play for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Like someone said the other day. Ibanez took 900k or 1M or whatever to play for the skankees, that doesnt mean that is all he would have taken to play for the Reds.
    No it doesn't, but we gave Ludwick 2 million so we could have doubled the offer at least. I seriously doubt the Reds even called Ibanez. I doubt they made a serious offer to Ankiel either. Walt has never shown that he understands that the lack of left handed hitters is this team's achilles heel. And its so obvious.

LOL, you hate to give the guy any credit, the haters keep on hating

Duhsty has amassed most of his wins because he has had great talent. with the Giants he had Bonds and a good supporting cast. In chicago he had Prior and Wood. and in Cincy he's had a superstar in votto and is still struggling to stay around .500. Duhsty has some good attributes, but filling out a lineup card or managing the game are not one of them.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Dusty Baker is 1504-1386. Or .520

Yes he has 1500 career wins. He also has almost 1400 career loses.

"Mr. .500"
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 05-21-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRV View Post
    Spot on.

Turn Off Ads?