Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday May 21 Minor League Updates

Monday May 21 Minor League Updates

Pensacola had an 'education' day game that started at 11am.

They are now in the 9th inning, leading 4-1. Yordanys Perez hit a 3 run home run in the 8th inning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday May 21 Minor League Updates

Tim Crabbe: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K.

Perez is 3-4.

Donnie Joseph closes it out. Blue Wahoos win 4-1.

What does Joseph have to do to get to Louisville? He should arguably filling Chapman's role in the 'pen by midseason.
    Go BLUE!!!

Pensacola had an 'education' day game that started at 11am.
    I guessed they 'schooled' the opposition. Nice.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

After three batters, the Blaze have as many hits (2) as they did yesterday. Hamilton led off with a double and Lutz drove him home. Sharky's pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    After three batters, the Blaze have as many hits (2) as they did yesterday. Hamilton led off with a double and Lutz drove him home. Sharky's pitching.
    Maalox Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    What does Joseph have to do to get to Louisville? He should arguably filling Chapman's role in the 'pen by midseason.
    I'd definitely let AA get a longer look at him in order to

1) shine him up for possible trade bait
    2) see how he progresses against people that have seen his slider

I get a Ryan Wagner vibe out of Joseph, in that his first time around the league will be dominant. After that, notsomuch.

I'd love to see Cincinnati take advantage of that somehow. Perhaps bringing him up either this September or next for the first time, then dealing him in the off-season?
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Turns out Bakersfield had three hits in the first four batters, all doubles. Mattair was the last, giving Sharky a 2-0 lead to sink his teeth into. He's held it through three.

Sharky has pitched swimmingly this year. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Sharky has pitched swimmingly this year. No question.
    He's apparently got some bite on his curveball today: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K. It's still 2-0 Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I

I get a Ryan Wagner vibe out of Joseph, in that his first time around the league will be dominant. After that, notsomuch.
    I can understand where you are coming from, and before this season, I would have said you might be right. But Joseph is now throwing his slider in and near the zone. Wagner was never able to do that. He simply buried it in the dirt and once guys figured out that he couldn't throw it for a strike unless they swung, they stopped swinging at it. Do that with Joseph at this point and he will still throw you a strike. He couldn't do that with any consistency last year. He can now.

Well, that was interesting. Rogers (1.69) finished with this fine line: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K. It was 4-0. An inning later, after an error and the struggles of Daniel Wolford, it was 4-4. The Blaze won it in the ninth on two-out, back-to-back home runs by Lutz and Mattair, who each had three hits. Brian Pearl (2 K, 1.61) got the save.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from, and before this season, I would have said you might be right. But Joseph is now throwing his slider in and near the zone. Wagner was never able to do that. He simply buried it in the dirt and once guys figured out that he couldn't throw it for a strike unless they swung, they stopped swinging at it. Do that with Joseph at this point and he will still throw you a strike. He couldn't do that with any consistency last year. He can now.
    I have not seen Joseph this year. Actually, I've only seen two minor league games all season. So far.

Next week, with school out for good, that all changes. Summer trips planned to Florida and, for the second time, Montana. (Wish I could get out to Arizona and California, but that'll have to wait for a few years.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Louisville's tied 6-6 in the eighth. Dorn and Negron have HRs. Rhinehart with two doubles. Reineke got cuffed around a bit, but Carroll followed with a strong 2.1 innings of relief.

Turn Off Ads?