I'm going to start with a series of posts about the options the reds have to fix their struggling Left Field spot since everyone knows dusty will never let heisey get a real chance. I'll give my top 5 options i could see happening Via Trade, Remaining FAs, and the Internal options.
1. Aaron Rowand- He's the best avalible guy out there, so that isn't saying much
2. Milton Bradley- questionable ablilty to play in the field at best, plus he's a cancer in the clubhouse
3. Marcus Thames- Even less career success than Bradley also questionable in the field
4. Ross Gload- Mainly played at 1B through out his career
5. J.D. Drew- he's supposedly retired otherwise i would say he would be the best option.
1. Kevin Youkilis- He hasn't played much OF but bring him in put him at third and let Frazier play in the OF
2. Carlos Lee- he can still hit but can he play the OF and will the Astros paty some salary
3. Austin Kerns- Platoon him with Heisey? he can seriously smash some lefties so would he be worth making a deal for?
4. Seth Smith- with Manny getting ready to get back into the majors the A's could get rid of him in their traditional fashion and bring in a few young guys.
5. Matt Diaz- Same as Kerns just a different team
1. Neftali Soto- He was a SS when the reds brought him in and moved him to 1B due to defense so why not see if he can play LF?
2. Ryan LaMarre- He is a true CFer but if need be he could probably play left then platoon Heisey and stubbs in CF
3. Dennis Phipps- He was amazing through the minors last year moving up three levels to AAA he's off to a slow start but had a sensational spring
4. Danny Dorn- He is a big strong lefty who can play 1B, RF, and LF he has to be worth a shot
5. Yorman Rodriguez- VERY RAW he's got alot of upside but is no where near ready for the show.