Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Great American 'Small'park? Pft, check out Yankee Stadium

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Great American 'Small'park? Pft, check out Yankee Stadium

So, after the Yankee series and seeing how short that place plays I checked the next day after the Homer Bailey start on HitTrackerOnline.com to see if those home runs he gave up would have been out of any other park. Not to my surprise, they wouldn't have been. They were only home runs in Yankee Stadium.

So, I decided to look at the 2011 season. I only looked at home runs that would have been home runs in less than 10 ballparks that went out in each stadium.

For as much grief as GABP gets for being a home run park, Yankee Stadium is so much worse.

In 2011, GABP gave up just 17 home runs that would have only been home runs in 9 or fewer stadiums in baseball.
    In 2011, Yankee Stadium gave up 54 home runs that would have only been home runs in 9 or fewer stadiums in baseball. Yankee Stadium also gave up an insane 32 home runs in 2011 that only would have left Yankee Stadium and not a single other stadium in baseball.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 05-21-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Needed to clear up my poor tying

2. Turn Off Ads?
    That's very interesting Doug. Thanks for sharing
    School's out. What did you expect?

Re: Great American 'Small'park? Pft, check out Yankee Stadium

That is very telling. Thanks!
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Little league RF, I like to think of it as the place that taught Dustin Pedroia to hit opposite field homeruns.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Yankee has Polo Grounds inspired lines, as Alvin Dark said about that place... pull the ball.

GAB is shorter on the alley's that's where part o fthe HR rep comes from

Turn Off Ads?