Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan LaMarre

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Ryan LaMarre

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Lamarre, I don't know that much about him, but potentially a fourth outfielder type based on the numbers.
    The numbers suggest he could be a solid starter in center, if they can carry forward.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rodriguez to third would be interesting if he had the arm which i'm not sure he does, but I see a list of guys in front of him that could end up at 3rd some are currently at other spots but might slide. Here's that list
    Cozart, Frazier, Gergorius, and Soto even though he is now at 1B he has the athletic ablility considering he at one point was a SS i could also see Soto transistioning to LF

Rodriguez has played 29 of his 32 games at 3B in 2012. In other words, he has already moved to 3B.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    Rodriguez to third would be interesting if he had the arm which i'm not sure he does, but I see a list of guys in front of him that could end up at 3rd some are currently at other spots but might slide. Here's that list
    Cozart, Frazier, Gergorius, and Soto even though he is now at 1B he has the athletic ablility considering he at one point was a SS i could also see Soto transistioning to LF
    alett12, I get most of my information about minor league players from dougdirt (thank you doug). . . . so if I'm wrong blame him (or my reading comprehension). But I don't think Cozart, Gregorious or Soto are/or should be considered options at 3B. Apparently, Soto can't cut it defensively. As for Cozart and Gregorious, they're too valuable at SS; plus if you move them to 3B the bat doesn't play as well there. Basically, moving one of those guys to 3B would be depreciating an asset. If both Cozart and Gregorious turn out to be what there potential indicates they might, and the time comes to make a decision, then I think we should trade Cozart or Gregorious because they should bring a big return at that point.

I'm just saying they could be considered options because they are either blocked or in cozarts case likely to lose thier position due to a better prospect coming along such as Hamilton or Gergorious in the near future, and i was unware Rodriguez was being transistioned to 3B so I'm curious of what they will do with some of those guys like Soto and Frazier if rodriguez is the guy in the near future.

Soto is pretty much a first baseman at this point. I don't know if he has the speed or instincts to play left. Nef is turning into the pure power first baseman and yes, he is definitely blocked. Let him play, hit, improve and when its time, trade him.

I don't see Hamilton getting good enough defensively to come close to removing Cozart at SS. Not unless he makes a light years improvement with the glove. I do believe he could become an incredible centerfielder, though, and I really believe that's where he'll end up. Then it's down to whether Gregorious will hit well enough to usurp Zach at SS and I have real doubts about that. Likely Didi becomes a really athletic reserve who can backup 2nd, SS and 3B and hit well enough to be a very valuable player as such.

That leaves HRod and Vidal at third as the viable candidates. I think HRod will hit well enough to battle Frazier for the third base spot if indeed, Todd gets it after Rolen leaves for good. Or they might get a short term player like Youk and then re-open it to competition between who is still standing when he goes.

I don't see anything wrong with seeing if Soto could play LF since it isn't easy to find a guy who can

I don't see anything wrong with seeing if Soto could play LF since it isn't easy to find a guy who can
    Soto is very slow. And to be honest, he isn't hitting at all right now. Probably not the best time to have him trying to learn a new position.

True, the 1st thing they need to do is get him hitting but this is just my opinion from having seen yonder play left many times but he couldn't be any worse than that. If he is then get him hitting and send him in a package.

True, the 1st thing they need to do is get him hitting but this is just my opinion from having seen yonder play left many times but he couldn't be any worse than that. If he is then get him hitting and send him in a package.
    The difference is, Yonder had the kind of bat you can deal with playing below average defense. Soto probably doesn't have that kind of bat and his defense would probably be every bit as bad.

True, then ship him to tampa for Cobb

Alex Cobb has a lot more value.

Nice article written at All Star game about 2 guys that are real class-acts!

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/ju...an-general-in/

Turn Off Ads?