Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Belmont - Triple Crown

  1. #16
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Throw some money on the race. All of a sudden it gets interesting!!!!
    Yeah. This now turns into an interesting race to bet.

    Union Rags. Book it.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Yeah. This now turns into an interesting race to bet.

    Union Rags. Book it.
    Blam!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Blam!
    Go cash that ticket!

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    I almost booked your bet because I didn't think UR had the breeding for this race. I guess the key was his big race over the track last year.

  6. #20
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I almost booked your bet because I didn't think UR had the breeding for this race. I guess the key was his big race over the track last year.
    That and the general weakness of the field.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    I thought it was a decent field. Dullahan was third in the Derby but I guess that wo cooked his goose. Paynter is obviously a really nice horse. I think Union Rags just ran a big race.

    I've been impressed with the quality of this years 3 year olds. Dead wrong in all three races, but impressed.

  8. #22
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I thought it was a decent field. Dullahan was third in the Derby but I guess that wo cooked his goose. Paynter is obviously a really nice horse. I think Union Rags just ran a big race.

    I've been impressed with the quality of this years 3 year olds. Dead wrong in all three races, but impressed.
    I would agree that it was a nice overall crop of horses. But with the exception of the Derby, we didn't see them all in the same place.

    There were really only 3 horses that had any business winning that race today.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

    There were really only 3 horses that had any business winning that race today.
    You're right. So how come I didn't really nail that $30.00 exacta?

  10. #24
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    You're right. So how come I didn't really nail that $30.00 exacta?

    I can not tell a lie... I had that too.

    Would have missed on the trifecta though.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  11. #25
    Member redhawkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami township
    Posts
    544

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    I just returned from a northern Ontario fishing trip today(almost completely paid for by IHA in the Derby), and didn't know about the scratch of IHA until hearing it on the radio on the way home today.

    It still was a good race, but was not impressed with Mike Smith's ride on Paynter. Final times always make me awestruck of how fast Secretariat was in his Belmont. It was 6 seconds faster than Union Rags today.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

  12. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I can not tell a lie... I had that too.

    Would have missed on the trifecta though.
    Great bet! If you thought only 3 horses had a shot and then hit the exacta, you did a good job of handicapping and fashioning your bet. (two different things). Looking back, it looks so easy.

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    I just returned from a northern Ontario fishing trip today(almost completely paid for by IHA in the Derby), and didn't know about the scratch of IHA until hearing it on the radio on the way home today.

    It still was a good race, but was not impressed with Mike Smith's ride on Paynter. Final times always make me awestruck of how fast Secretariat was in his Belmont. It was 6 seconds faster than Union Rags today.
    Smith hit Paynter left handed and he moved to his right opening up the rail. Jerry Bailey said sometimes you hit the horse left handed at that spot because its unexpected and it may cause the horse to dig a little deeper.
    I met Mike Smith once and he is a super nice guy. And he sure wins a lot of big races. Tough Triple crown though for him and Baffert.

  14. #28
    Member redhawkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami township
    Posts
    544

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Smith hit Paynter left handed and he moved to his right opening up the rail. Jerry Bailey said sometimes you hit the horse left handed at that spot because its unexpected and it may cause the horse to dig a little deeper.
    I met Mike Smith once and he is a super nice guy. And he sure wins a lot of big races. Tough Triple crown though for him and Baffert.
    Yeah! He is an outstanding jockey!I was at the last two Breeder's cups and saw two different results from his rides. Zenyatta's last race and loss to Blame and Drosselmeyers improbable classic victory this past year.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

  15. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,472

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    Final times always make me awestruck of how fast Secretariat was in his Belmont. It was 6 seconds faster than Union Rags today.
    Think about this:

    1. Secretariat still holds the record for the Derby.

    2. He would still hold the record for the Preakness but for the fact that the track timer malfunctioned.

    3. He still holds the Belmont Park Record for 1 1/2 miles on the grass.

    4. He still holds the Belmont Park Record for 1 1/8 miles on the dirt.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 06-09-2012 at 10:38 PM.

  16. #30
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Belmont - Triple Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Smith hit Paynter left handed and he moved to his right opening up the rail. Jerry Bailey said sometimes you hit the horse left handed at that spot because its unexpected and it may cause the horse to dig a little deeper.
    I met Mike Smith once and he is a super nice guy. And he sure wins a lot of big races. Tough Triple crown though for him and Baffert.
    I hardly ever feel sorry for Baffert. But these three have caused me to make an exception.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25