Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Anthony Mason

RIP Anthony Mason

This is sad. Only 48, he had congestive heart failure.

As a Pacer fan I hated him when he played but he's one of those guys you'd have loved to have been on your team.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...orward-dies-48
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-28-2015),Kingspoint (03-01-2015),Revering4Blue (02-28-2015),texasdave (02-28-2015),WVPacman (03-01-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: RIP Anthony Mason

RIP Anthony from a "Hoosier Hick".

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-01-2015),WVPacman (03-01-2015)

I'm not a Knicks fan, but I did watch a lot of NBA basketball during his heyday, and he was one of those players that just stood out, even when you watched the entire court on television. He had those long loping strides and broad shoulders, and of course those colorful "carvings" in the sides of his hair. Awfully young to die. RIP, Mase.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-01-2015),Revering4Blue (03-01-2015),WVPacman (03-01-2015)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Another Pacer fan here, and, man, do I hate to hear this. He was only a year older than I am. Of course, Mason will always be mostly remembered as a Knick, but I remember well the trade that brought Mase to Charlotte in exchange for Larry Johnson that went down in the summer of '96, as I was living in North Carolina at the time. The general consensus, even in North Carolina, was that the Hornets got taken in the deal. Undeterred by the negative talk, Anthony Mason did what he did best, which was prove all of the doubters wrong, as he played really well in Charlotte -- quickly becoming a fan favorite. Those Hornets teams from the late '90's were fun to watch.

RIP, Anthony. And thanks for the memories.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-01-2015),Razor Shines (03-01-2015),WVPacman (03-01-2015)

Me being a Huge Knicks fan I really hate that this happened.My heart is broke!Mase,you was truly a fan favorite.48 is way to young to be gone!! Anthony Mason left it all on the basketball court every game and played his heart out every game.He was truly a fan favorite to us Knicks and other teams he played on as well.Mase you will be missed but you will never be forgotten.RIP Mase
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-01-2015),Revering4Blue (03-01-2015)

Turn Off Ads?