Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crosstown Shootout Moves Downtown

Re: Crosstown Shootout Moves Downtown

Good things about the game being downtown: I can walk there from my apartment.

Bad things about the game being downtown: everything else.

That said, I'll be there. But only because it is both a Xavier game and incredibly convenient for me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

As fantastic as tonight was (and it WAS fantastic), this game still belongs on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    As fantastic as tonight was (and it WAS fantastic), this game still belongs on campus.
    Agreed. I have to admit the atmosphere was fun tonight, but the game is just better on campus.

The Crosstown Shootout is back!

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-12-2014),Caveat Emperor (05-12-2014)

Aaaaaaand Dayton is better than both of them. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Aaaaaaand Dayton is better than both of them. Ouch!
    So all it takes is one NCAA Tournament run (as an 11 seed) every 30 years to elicit that kind of talk, eh?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

So all it takes is one NCAA Tournament run (as an 11 seed) every 30 years to elicit that kind of talk, eh?
    Probably best to talk smack while he can, by the time they make another run like this, we'll all be communicating directly via holograms.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

10. Likes:

gilpdawg (05-13-2014)

I don't get the sense much excitement has been building for this contest in the middle of February this year, but I live out of town. Are people in Cincy excited for the game? Doesn't help that neither team is particularly good this year.

I don't get the sense much excitement has been building for this contest in the middle of February this year, but I live out of town. Are people in Cincy excited for the game? Doesn't help that neither team is particularly good this year.
    Nope. I remember when this game meant something. Both teams hated each other, there were personalities, there were top notch players, etc. Not its kinda blah, and pretty much has been blah for a couple of years now.

It's not like it used to be, but I think most local people are looking more forward to this year's game than they have in quite some time. In addition to doing away with the silliness of the past two years, it certainly doesn't hurt that it's a really important game for both teams' NCAA chances.

Great game. Go X!

Fun game to watch. I root for UC but not like I used to. I like to see both teams do well.

That was as bad of a foul call that I have seen this year. Just terrible.

And Xavier wins the battle for 3rd place of Best team in Ohio behind the Dayton Flyers and OSU

Could you say that first one again? They seem vaguely familiar. Like a repeated buy game opponent that Xavier used to constantly own for about 30 straight years at home until we stopped bothering to play them anymore.

Xavier point guard Dee Davis was 5 for 5 in 3 pt shots and I don't think any of them even touched the rim. His last 3 pt shot was the game winner. Going into the game, he had hit 6 of his last 38 from 3 pt range.

I think UC is missing something w/o Mick. First of all they've regressed. I also think they've looked flat of late and in game plays and adjustments have been lacking. The play drawn up for their last shot was pitiful.

Turn Off Ads?