Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Pence would look good in a Reds uniform playing LF

Hunter Pence would look good in a Reds uniform playing LF

Do you agree? I don't think The Phillies have a chance contending this year in the Strong East. If I was the Reds GM I would give up two minor league studs for him...no problem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hunter Pence would look good in a Reds uniform playing LF

Who would you give up for Pence?

should have gotten him when the Astros were shopping him....maybe we tried, who knows?

The Phillies are like 5 games back, and haven't had Howard or Utley back yet. The Reds were 5 games back just a few weeks ago, I dont think they're going to be sellers with the roster they have.

I would give Didi and Lozkar...Didi would help them with Utley and the long run, plus we have alot of second baseman, short stops.

phillies aint selling and are still my choice to win that division. its not even june yet.

It would interesting to know what went down. Did Walt even make an offer if so what was it? I would have offered Stubbs/Bailey/Fransico/Woods for Pence and Wandy and see what they would have thunk.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    The Phillies are like 5 games back, and haven't had Howard or Utley back yet. The Reds were 5 games back just a few weeks ago, I dont think they're going to be sellers with the roster they have.
    I think the Phillies could be depending on how the season continues. The are going to lose Hamel probably to the Dodgers, so they may be looking at adding some pitching. I would offer them Stubbs/Homer and see what they think?

I think the Phills would want a package consisting of some combination of 3 of the following: Didi, Lokzart, Hamilton, Homer, Hoover, Phipps, Rodriguez, and some really low level minor leaguer

So would Josh Hamilton, Matt Kemp, Ryan Braun, and Andrew McCutcheon, but I am pretty sure that their teams are unlikely to trade them for minor league prospects or even Drew Stubbs for that matter.

I think Pence would be more likely to be traded than any of them though.

don't think they will sell

I don't think they would really entertain trading Pence for prospects this year but would pull the trigger if you offered them a legit SP with team control as they may very well lose Hamels. I'm not sure on Pence's contract right now but in theory I'd do this trade without skipping a beat:

Latos for Pence straight up.

I do this with the understanding Chapman takes Latos' place in the rotation and assuming we have gotten either or both Massett & Bray healthy.

Looking at the Phillies they could end up going south quickly. They are the oldest team in baseball. Their main position players have huge contracts and are untradeable due to their age/contract/health combo. Lee and Halladay both have no trade clauses. Pence and Hammels are the only 2 significant players they have under the age of 30 and they will both be free agents after this year. Their farm system has really been emptied out from acquiring all the stars over the years and they are pretty much at the top of their payroll.

My initial thought was there is no chance they will move Pence, but now I am thinking they might have to, but the asking price will be exorbitant.

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    So would Josh Hamilton, Matt Kemp, Ryan Braun, and Andrew McCutcheon, but I am pretty sure that their teams are unlikely to trade them for minor league prospects or even Drew Stubbs for that matter.
    I actually think the Pirates could rationalize trading McCutcheon.

Turn Off Ads?