Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anywhere to hear Kelch's call of Frazier's walk off?

Anywhere to hear Kelch's call of Frazier's walk off?

Anyone who watched on FSN knows that Thom's call was horrible, but I heard Kelch's call was really awesome, I'd like to hear it if anyone can find it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Re: Anywhere to hear Kelch's call of Frazier's walk off?

Here.

FYI: It shows the home run twice. The first time is Thom, the next is I think Grande. (I get these guys confused often.)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Here.

FYI: It shows the home run twice. The first time is Thom, the next is I think Grande. (I get these guys confused often.)
    Thanks for the link. To clarify, the first is Thom, the second is Jim Kelch. Not a big Kelch fan at all, but that was awesome. Like Thom, I thought Hayward caught it too.

Nothing gives me the goose bumps like an incredible Walk Off HR call from someone who is good at it, like Marty.

It'd be nice if the Reds provided a link on there site where you could listen to some of the best calls in Reds history. I know I would spend all day listening to them.

I especially love Marty's Adam Dunn Walk Off GS against the Tribe in 2006.

The Reds were down 8-0 going into the bottom of the 8th, scored 4 in the 8th, got 1 across in the 9th and loaded the bases up.

Then Dunn came to the plate. I can almost remember word for word how Marty's call went...

"The 1-0 to Dunn. SWUNG ON! LONG DRIVE! RIGHT FIELD! AND THIS ONE BELONGS TO THE RRRREDS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!! THE REDS COME BACK FROM AN 8 TO NOTHING DEFECIT! THEY SCORE 4 IN THE 8th, 5 IN THE 9th, AND THEY COME BACK TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!

Still gives me the chills to this day!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Nothing gives me the goose bumps like an incredible Walk Off HR call from someone who is good at it, like Marty.

It'd be nice if the Reds provided a link on there site where you could listen to some of the best calls in Reds history. I know I would spend all day listening to them.

The Reds were down 8-0 going into the bottom of the 8th, scored 4 in the 8th, got 1 across in the 9th and loaded the bases up.

Then Dunn came to the plate. I can almost remember word for word how Marty's call went...

"The 1-0 to Dunn. SWUNG ON! LONG DRIVE! RIGHT FIELD! AND THIS ONE BELONGS TO THE RRRREDS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!! THE REDS COME BACK FROM AN 8 TO NOTHING DEFECIT! THEY SCORE 4 IN THE 8th, 5 IN THE 9th, AND THEY COME BACK TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!

Yep. I just got chills reading it. I remember that call.

I'd rather plug my ears,than hear Kelch on a HR call.Name me another team that has so many announcers,I don't know who is calling games from one day to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post

That's my favorite call by Marty. I remember jumping up in my living room so high when that happened I scraped my hands on the textured ceiling. Then I listened to the post-game call-in show for like 3 hours. Everyone that called in was drunk that night.

Speaking of, can anyone find that call?

My personal favorite call by Marty: Marty Brennaman Calls Jay Bruce's Walk-Off HR to Clinch NL Central - YouTube

I remember listening to the 1990 World Series, but was so young I haven't heard any of the calls and haven't been able to find any of them. I would especially love to hear game 4 again, of course.

my favorite Marty call is the Browning Perfect Game...still remember I used to make a snack before bedtime every night around 7pm and sit and "listen" to the Reds on my Radio that picked up like 3 stations.....did that every night the Reds played and when they were on the west coast I would come home from school and take a nap so I could stay up and listen to them late night....My mom and dad hated when the Reds were out west.....hahaha

Turn Off Ads?