Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

Can you believe it's already time to start the qualification process for another World Cup?

The United States will play a series of tune-up matches before qualifying begins. The first friendly will be this Saturday (May 26th) versus Scotland.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Can you believe it's already time to start the qualification process for another World Cup?

The United States will play a series of tune-up matches before qualifying begins. The first friendly will be this Saturday (May 26th) versus Scotland.
    Already have the DVR set up.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Already have the DVR set up.
    What channel is the game going to be on?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Tomorrow night, Saturday, May 26 at 8 pm on NBCSports Network.

USA v. Brazil is May 30 at 8 pm on ESPN2.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    NBC Sports. It's Direct TV 603 if you have that.

They have done a great job with their MLS coverage so far this year.

I hope that Dempsey, Altidore, Gomez and Wondo can keep up their club form. All of those guys have been really scoring.

Anyone going to he US vs. Jamaica WCQ match on 9/11/12 at Columbus Crew Stadium?

Looking at the groups for the semifinal round, I see the US and Jamaica progressing to the Hex out of Group A, Mexico and Costa Rica advancing from Group B, and the spots from Group C being up for grabs between Honduras, Panama, and Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Anyone going to he US vs. Jamaica WCQ match on 9/11/12 at Columbus Crew Stadium?
    I'll be there fo sho.

I thought about going tomorrow night. It's been really hot and humid this week (a little early for that), but tomorrow night is supposed to rain pretty good, so it will be a wet one.
    Last edited by MWM; 05-25-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

If you've never been to a USMNT match (not sure about you specifically, MWM) I could not recommend it more.

I haven't missed a World Cup qualifier in Columbus in the last 3 cycles...

My favorite is when they schedule Mexico in Columbus in the winter/cold months. Columbus is probably the only site in the entire United States where we can actually schedule a match and have a true home field advantage versus Mexico.

If you've never been to a USMNT match (not sure about you specifically, MWM) I could not recommend it more.

My favorite is when they schedule Mexico in Columbus in the winter/cold months. Columbus is probably the only site in the entire United States where we can actually schedule a match and have a true home field advantage versus Mexico.
    I'd say that's true. I went to the Gold Cup Final at the Rose Bowl. I think I would have been safer walking through the streets of Juarez with a pound of cocaine strapped to my chest.

I'll be there fo sho.
    I'm working on getting some friends to go. It's also the weekend I sell beer for the local Oktoberfest, but I'm going to see if I can get scheduled for one of the other days.

Do you think they'll do it again when the US meets them in the Hex? You know Mexico likes to schedule their home games at Azteca during the day in the middle of summer so that the US has to deal with heat AND altitude.

2-0 US in the 13th minute. Donovan scored the first. Bradley with a beauty for the second.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Video game goal from Bradley... doubt he could hit it that perfectly again in a 100 tries.

Turn Off Ads?