US has been really sloppy.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

The pitch looks terrible.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Horrid first half from the US side. They're lucky the match is scoreless.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Horrid first half from the US side. They're lucky the match is scoreless.
    That was far from a horrid first half. It wasn't great, but the defense held its shape well and there was some decent possession after Mexico looked very dangerous in the middle of the half. Mexico was the better side for most of that half but are starting to look a little gassed.

6. Likes:

Slyder (03-27-2013)

A point at Azteca? I'll take it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

8. Likes:

Slyder (03-27-2013)

That's a fantastic result. About as much as you could expect down there.

The Mexicans are going to complain about the non-calls on two potential penalties. While they probably should have been penalties, I'm not going to lose sleep, having seen so many games with th US at Azteca where Mexico got all the favorable calls.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Suck it, Mex!

12. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (03-27-2013),Yachtzee (03-27-2013)

I especially loved all the crying and poor sportsmanship at the end. Vintage mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The Mexicans are going to complain about the non-calls on two potential penalties. While they probably should have been penalties, I'm not going to lose sleep, having seen so many games with th US at Azteca where Mexico got all the favorable calls.
    The first one would have been one of the most absolutely weakest pks I have even seen. You don't call that, I don't care what level. Period. The 2nd one meh you might have a case but to rely on that instead of putting one of 15 corner kicks or a number of other set plays in the back of the net AT HOME is childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I'm beyond upset I didn't think enough during the match to make at least 1 "Oh, S...Omar comin'!" joke somewhere.

Omar Gonzalez was MOTM for the US. I can't wait to see him develop on the squad moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm beyond upset I didn't think enough during the match to make at least 1 "Oh, S...Omar comin'!" joke somewhere.

Omar Gonzalez was MOTM for the US. I can't wait to see him develop on the squad moving forward.
    Absolutely. Omar was a beast last night. You knew how good he was when the Galaxy couldn't win a game without him and then turned into MLS champions when he came back.

The 2nd half no call on Edu in the box was a missed call for sure and I would have been pretty upset had the situation been reversed, but you can't rely on those types of calls to win the game.

I teach a lot of Mexican students. Needless to say they all wanted my opinion on the match. I engaged in mucho smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Absolutely. Omar was a beast last night. You knew how good he was when the Galaxy couldn't win a game without him and then turned into MLS champions when he came back.
    And the Gals turned from horrible to top team in the league immediately after drafting him too. Gonzalez is like a one-man wall. Mexico's grousing about unawarded penalties because scoring from the run of play wasn't really on the table.

One thing that should be noted about the U.S. is that the team's 4-2-3-1 has become too much of a 4-5-1. It's great that the defense played so well the past two games, but it would be nice to see the team play less defense.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

So this Omar Gonzalez are there any rumors about him going to Europe to play?

Also how does the Mexican league compare to the MLS? and to European leagues?

Turn Off Ads?