Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

Re: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

Solid and much needed win. The first half passing was night and day compared to what happened on Friday. Should have won by 2 or 3, but I'll take it.

Really nice games from Zusi and Cameron. Cameron is going to be a starter from here out, but I hope Klinsmans finds roome for Zusi as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

One of the best sporting events I've ever been to live.

Tim Howard: "We were talking inside and there’s no bigger homefield advantage for us in America than here." #USMNT

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I renew my request for the TV networks to pick up my idea of having Tim Howard screaming expletives at his back line and just loop it for 30 mins.

They could even branch out and have Tim go into real life situations and scream at people. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON REDSZONE AGAIN!?! GET BACK TO WORK!"

I have no idea why it amuses me so much, but every time they cut to him screaming at a defender, a little part of me smiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Long piece but interesting take on the evolution of USMNT tactics.

http://whatahowler.tumblr.com/post/3...merican-soccer
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    One of the best sporting events I've ever been to live.
    It looked really good on TV. It's good to see Crew Stadium rocking like that. Wish it would get more like that when the Crew were playing.

It looked really good on TV. It's good to see Crew Stadium rocking like that. Wish it would get more like that when the Crew were playing.
    It was pretty awesome on tv. Crew Stadium seems to bring out the best in the team and the fans. I remember the games being pretty high intensity for the Crew when Guillermo Barrow Schelotto and Frankie Hejduk were leading them to the MLS Cup. Looks like adding Federico Higuan is bringing some of that excitement back.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/10/8/34...alifiers-usmnt

Interesting roster choices. No Jozy, Boyd or Wondo. Call ups for Eddie Johnson and Alan Gordon. Landon was called up despite being hurt Saturday night. I'm hoping he is fine since I don't he would have been called up if he isn't going to play.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Doesn't look good for Landon...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201..._a13&eref=sihp

Landon Donovan will not play for the U.S. national team in a pair of upcoming World Cup qualifying matches because of an injured left knee, adding to what will be a pressure-filled few days for the Americans.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

No sugar coating it -- just some terrible football from the USMNT tonight in an International Friendly w/ Canada.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    No sugar coating it -- just some terrible football from the USMNT tonight in an International Friendly w/ Canada.
    Maybe that is the problem. They showed up playing football when they should have been playing soccer.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I watched most of the first half and didn't care much for what I was seeing so I changed the channel. Was the rest of the game as poor as the first half?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I watched most of the first half and didn't care much for what I was seeing so I changed the channel. Was the rest of the game as poor as the first half?
    Just about -- sloppy touches from the American side against a Canadian team that was stacking defenders and clearly playing for the 0-0 result. Lots of just dumb (taking on multiple defenders off the dribble instead of trying to find space) and generally uninspired play.

I know it's just a friendly, but this didn't look like a team ready for qualifying.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I know it's just a friendly, but this didn't look like a team ready for qualifying.
    Sure, but what happens to the team when you add Dempsey, Bradley, Altidore, Howard, etc. Its easy to be critical of that game, the first half was awful soccer, but don't you have to take into consideration that it was their B team.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Sure, but what happens to the team when you add Dempsey, Bradley, Altidore, Howard, etc. Its easy to be critical of that game, the first half was awful soccer, but don't you have to take into consideration that it was their B team.
    Exactly. This was far from our top team. It would be nice if we had more depth and could go out and still beat Canada 3-0 with our back ups, but apparently we don't. Gonzalez and Besler are the only two guys on the field that have any hope of making an 18 in WCQ and neither are likely starters.

Turn Off Ads?