Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

Re: USMNT: The March to Brazil - World Cup 2014

Chants of "dos a cero" bouncing around Crew Stadium. Beautiful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Beckerman and Jones have bossed the 2nd half. Diskerud has some mad skills. And Parkhurst has been a rock since coming in at right back.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

And the U.S. will be going to Brazil (at least if Honduras finishes off Panama at home).
    Last edited by M2; 09-10-2013 at 10:02 PM.

I have to admit I was kind of hoping Clint would miss the penalty to keep the 2-0 score line intact.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Brasil!
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

It's now 100% official. They've even got a "We are going to Brazil" song.

Another awesome result. The only annoying part was the guy with the bullhorn leading the cheering at certain points. He seemed to disappear later in the game. Hopefully someone told him to cram it. I can understand why Columbus supporters don't like the idea of "capos." Made things seem a bit inauthentic.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Just a fantastic result all around. Part of me really hopes Clint shanked that kick on purpose just to keep the mystique of Dos a Cero alive.

We are going to Brazil!
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Just a fantastic result all around. Part of me really hopes Clint shanked that kick on purpose just to keep the mystique of Dos a Cero alive.

We are going to Brazil!
    I have the theme from that Terry Gilliam film "Brazil" going through my head now.

A lot of people are wondering if Dempsey shanked it on purpose. I'm guessing not. Personally, the evil person in me was hoping for one of those cheeky chip shots right at the keeper. If he saves it, Dos a Cero lives on. If he cheats and dives early, it's like a middle fingerto Mexico and it's fans for all the crap they've given us at Azteca over the years and the Mexican refs for the cheap card on Besler in Costa Rica.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

We are the best team ever. Again!

12. Likes:

CoachBombay (09-11-2013)

14. Likes:

WMR (09-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't know a lot about soccer but I'm sensing a trend here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Diskerud needs to be on the WC squad. He has skills the majority of American players do not possess.

I was very happy with the play of Jones, he was dominating in the midfield for long stretches.

A couple of things I noticed in watching the game. The US played well enough to beat a beaten down Mexico team. Its impressive when you consider that they were without their two best players in Bradley and Altidore. The yellow card by Donavan late in the game was stupid, how far does that count against him?

There were times that the US looked sloppy, had poor spacing, and poor first touches. Granted the US pretty much were sitting back all game and making Mexico press. It worked, it isn't the best soccer to watch, but wins are much better than draws or losses.

Just in the 10 or so minutes Diskerud was in, he showed that he needs to play and play often. Could he be the next in the line of American players who have an impressive European career?

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

The atmosphere was electric at Crew Stadium. I'm not a big soccer guy, but I was smack dab in the bleachers at the north end with all of the American Outlaws and it was impossible not to get swept up on the excitement. Five minutes in, I was jumping and chanting with the rest of the gang. One of the best sporting events I've ever been to.
    Witty signature.

19. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (09-11-2013),RedTeamGo! (09-11-2013)

Turn Off Ads?