Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 5/27/12 Rockies at Reds

Re: 5/27/12 Rockies at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    So who would have been better in that situation? It's not like Jose has been a stiff and Logan and Sean were used yesterday. He's trying not to overuse the main guys and has been doing pretty good job at it....but since Jose failed this time...it was the obvious wrong choice?
    Arredondo walks a lot of guys. On a day where the ball is flying out and you're up by 2, that's not a recipe for success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    He brought Chapman in at the right time. There was no reason to use him any earlier.
    Sure there was. You avoid using multiple relievers. You pin down the win without problems.

Aroldis hadn't pitched for two days. Well rested.

There's no perfect right or wrong, but I would have just had Aroldis get the five outs.

So who would have been better in that situation? It's not like Jose has been a stiff and Logan and Sean were used yesterday. He's trying not to overuse the main guys and has been doing pretty good job at it....but since Jose failed this time...it was the obvious wrong choice?
    It's the typical Monday morning micromanaging.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He should have used Marshall when he took Latos out. Now he has to stretch his closer for a 5 out save. How does he get credit for that?
    Why isn't a closer allowed to pitch longer than one inning? Nothing wrong with it, he's fresh.

I don't think it was the wrong choice, I just didn't have much confidence in Arredondo in that situation. I, for one, have no problem with Dusty's decisions today.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Sure there was. You avoid using multiple relievers. You pin down the win without problems.

Aroldis hadn't pitched for two days. Well rested.

There's no perfect right or wrong, but I would have just had Aroldis get the five outs.
    OK and I understand why someone wants to bring in Chapman earlier, though I'd rather pick my spots with him and increase the likelihood they can use him in a stretch of games.

But you are correct... there's no perfect right or wrong answer, which I why I think the criticism of what Dusty "should have done" is a bit overboard.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Chapman's velocity is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Ball 4 to the backstop. Leadoff walk.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

What was that?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Senor Votto

That was scary for those fans

I have a bad feeling about this.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dusty did the right thing. And I don't say that often. Usually he waits too long to make a change.

Guthrie pinch running for Giambi.

Pitching coach needs to come out. Chapman is overthrowing.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

What happened to his velocity?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?