Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/27/12 Rockies at Reds

Latos back out and he did a "Sparky"... He skipped over the foul line going to the mound.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/27/12 Rockies at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    If he'd just choke up with 2 strikes on him, he would catch up to those. Don't we have a hitting coach?
    If you're talking about Stubbs I agree. He also almost never fouls off the two strike pitch.

He could be such a better hitter if he just could foul off more close pitches with two strikes rather than swing right through them.

Rosario grounds out to first. 1 out.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Dexter Fowler homers. 7-5 game.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Latos done, Arredondo coming in. Need 5 more outs to protect the 2 run lead.

Haunted by walks

Latos scattered five hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If you're talking about Stubbs I agree. He also almost never fouls off the two strike pitch.

He could be such a better hitter if he just could foul off more close pitches with two strikes rather than swing right through them.
    Maybe its just an optical illusion, but it looks like those balls on the outside are out of reach of the end of his bat. That ball breaking away or a running fastball that runs toward the outside seem to give him no chance. Probably too simple to just take a step closer to the plate, but it looks like it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Latos scattered five hits.
    and each one left the yard. Odd, eh?

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Latos pitched better than his line would indicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

IMO Dusty should have varied from the usual and brought in Chapman right here.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    and each one left the yard. Odd, eh?
    Yeah, they were really scattered.

Arredondo comes in and walks Young. Not good...

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Latos pitched better than his line would indicate.
    Yep. I thought he pitched real well. He's a fly ball guy who isn't in Petco anymore. Today was a bad day for fly balls. He may have a few more like this one.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Maybe its just an optical illusion, but it looks like those balls on the outside are out of reach of the end of his bat. That ball breaking away or a running fastball that runs toward the outside seem to give him no chance. Probably too simple to just take a step closer to the plate, but it looks like it.
    On that particular one, he was just a split second behind on a 93-94mph fastball...at regular speed it looked like his bat passed right through it. But yeah, I've seen him reach for those balls running away from him too. I love to watch him play center field though.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    IMO Dusty should have varied from the usual and brought in Chapman right here.
    Agreed.

Turn Off Ads?