Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

Quote Originally Posted by faffy42 View Post
    It makes absolutely no baseball sense. What is going thru dustys toothpick when he writes valdez in at 2 hole in front of votto...and when he writes in hanigans name at 8. I can't imagine anything at all.
    Catcher would have to be J. Bench to get out of the 8-hole in a Baker lineup.

That's an assumption on my part, of course.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Imagination like Valdez in the 2-hole?

Please clarify.

Ok I get it: You are opposed to Valdez batting second. You don't have to repeat this opinion over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    He didn't lay out. It was actually a terrible effort.
    If that's a terrible effort I'd love to see what you consider a good effort. I'm guessing any effort that ends in a catch qualifies as good in your book?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Have to disagree with you buddy. I'm all for whining and complaining when we lose but posts like "Dusty being Dusty" ect are really getting to be a bore. If you have to whine and complain, at least show a little imagination.
    It tells me Dusty was way too much a part of this game. Out of 1,000 Reds fans how many do you think saw Valdez in the 2 hole and thought....looks good to me? 1-3?

Ok I get it: You are opposed to Valdez batting second. You don't have to repeat this opinion over and over and over again.
    How do you feel about the lack of left-handing hitters in the Reds' lineup? Have you ever mentioned how you feel about that?

It is a long season. It is hard to not say the same things over and over when commenting on the same situations.

So everyone can comment on something once and that is the end of it?

You said you posted the same thing 1,000 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    If that's a terrible effort I'd love to see what you consider a good effort. I'm guessing any effort that ends in a catch qualifies as good in your book?
    I'm just saying from where he was in relation to the ball he should have caught it. And he didn't because he refuses to legitimately lay out. And if he can't make those catches for you, he's completely worthless because he can't hit at all.

He didn't lay out. It was actually a terrible effort.
    Disagree....I'm all over Stubbs but that is one of the most "go for it" plays I've ever seen him attempt.

Later, time to grill.

Maybe the Reds get five. Who knows?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Disagree....I'm all over Stubbs but that is one of the most "go for it" plays I've ever seen him attempt.
    Yea, compared to his other attempts you're right LOL

Team looks dead and lethargic today. I guess to much partying.

I'm just saying from where he was in relation to the ball he should have caught it. And he didn't because he refuses to legitimately lay out. And if he can't make those catches for you, he's completely worthless because he can't hit at all.
    I get ya.....he should have caught it, but it's an improvement for him. It's always baffled me how the fastest guy in CF can't dive for a ball but 2 of my 3 OF on the varsity softball team can.

You have unrealistic expectations.

Also, Stubbs is leading the team in runs scored and just had a halfway decent homestand. He NEVER hits when he leads off, the sooner we figure this out the better.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    How do you feel about the lack of left-handing hitters in the Reds' lineup? Have you ever mentioned how you feel about that?

It is a long season. It is hard to not say the same things over and over when commenting on the same situations.

So everyone can comment on something once and that is the end of it?

You said you posted the same thing 1,000 times.
    1. I post it once per game. Posting something 1,000 times since we let go of Laynce Nix 3 years ago is actually not a lot.

2. It's the key as to what's wrong with this team. Not having enough left handed hitters is a root problem. How you construct the batting order- pretty small potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Team looks dead and lethargic today. I guess to much partying.
    I guess too much James McDonald.

Turn Off Ads?