Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 360

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

  1. #286
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    I don't think it's asking too much for an outfielder who is fast and athletic to leave the ground for a ball. All I'm really saying is, he's not any good and the sooner the Reds give up on him and get a centerfielder the better.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #287
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I don't?
    No, it violates guideline # 7. Plus its boring.

  4. #288
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    1. I post it once per game. Posting something 1,000 times since we let go of Laynce Nix 3 years ago is actually not a lot.

    2. It's the key as to what's wrong with this team. Not having enough left handed hitters is a root problem. How you construct the batting order- pretty small potatoes.
    I'll take righties with good plate approaches over lefties within Dustyball.

  5. #289
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,903
    Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    I don't think it's asking too much for an outfielder who is fast and athletic to leave the ground for a ball. All I'm really saying is, he's not any good and the sooner the Reds give up on him and get a centerfielder the better.
    They can't and here's why.

    1. Dusty is the manager.
    2. Drew is fast.

  6. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    I don't think it's asking too much for an outfielder who is fast and athletic to leave the ground for a ball. All I'm really saying is, he's not any good and the sooner the Reds give up on him and get a centerfielder the better.
    How did he end up on his face? If he went to a knee in some weird tumbling move like you're suggesting, wouldn't that tell you that he would have overran the ball had he actually leaped?

    Actually nevermind.

  7. #291
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I'll take righties with good plate approaches over lefties within Dustyball.
    A philosophy which explains why we're hitting .240 against right handed pitching over the last two years despite having Bruce and Votto in the line up.

  8. #292
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,903
    Heisey showing good power today.

  9. #293
    Member LeDoux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    596

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    I don't think it's asking too much for an outfielder who is fast and athletic to leave the ground for a ball. All I'm really saying is, he's not any good and the sooner the Reds give up on him and get a centerfielder the better.
    Stubbs drives me crazy on a regular basis. But what is the other option? I don't see a good one.

  10. #294
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    How did he end up on his face? If he went to a knee in some weird tumbling move like you're suggesting, wouldn't that tell you that he would have overran the ball had he actually leaped?

    Actually nevermind.
    The same way he jammed his shoulder the last time he slid coming in feet first. Lol....not natural in any way.

  11. #295
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,059

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    1. I post it once per game. Posting something 1,000 times since we let go of Laynce Nix 3 years ago is actually not a lot.

    2. It's the key as to what's wrong with this team. Not having enough left handed hitters is a root problem. How you construct the batting order- pretty small potatoes.
    Of course, it's a huge issue.

    And I've given you props for repeatedly acknowledging it.

    But Valdez over Cozart (and in the 2-hole no less), and Cairo over Frazier (for whatever reason) were obviously likely to kill the offense today, against a good starter.

    Lineup construction matters. I'd bet Votto concurs.

  12. #296
    Member LeDoux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    596

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    I missed the debate earlier, but why isn't the lineup fair game everytime Valdez comes up with runners on?

  13. #297
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    The same way he jammed his shoulder the last time he slid coming in feet first. Lol....not natural in any way.
    It's not always going to be pretty. Stubbs has played a really good defensive outfield this year. Running them down and throwing the ball.

  14. #298
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    A philosophy which explains why we're hitting .240 against right handed pitching over the last two years despite having Bruce and Votto in the line up.
    Votto and Hanigan are the only two who have good approaches.....Phillips has huge potential but usually wails away.

  15. #299
    Member wvreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    230

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    They can't and here's why.

    1. Dusty is the manager.
    2. Drew is fast.
    So was Willy Taveras

  16. #300
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,577

    Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Not true at all. Dusty bashing has become sport particularly on this site. The cast who do it remain the same and it has nothing to do with their respective point of view of the game. If something goes wrong blame Dusty no matter the situation and continuing to do so with the team playing as well as they are just makes them look foolish.
    This just shows how little you pay attention to things around here and only look at things through your point of view, never for a moment to see things how others see them. If you knew anything about the posts I post, and there's 6700+ of them, you'd know that I give credit where credit is due along with taking away credit where it's not deserved. I've put as much analysis into my posts than anyone at REDSZONE. So, quit your whining about other people's posts and try to contribute something positive about baseball or the REDS. Pointing out Dusty's faults is contributing something positive as it's pointing out ways where the team can become better....and that's what baseball fans do...you talk about the game, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Dusty Baker, while occasionally being the good, is usually the bad or the ugly.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25