Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

I don't think it's asking too much for an outfielder who is fast and athletic to leave the ground for a ball. All I'm really saying is, he's not any good and the sooner the Reds give up on him and get a centerfielder the better.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I don't?
    No, it violates guideline # 7. Plus its boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    1. I post it once per game. Posting something 1,000 times since we let go of Laynce Nix 3 years ago is actually not a lot.

2. It's the key as to what's wrong with this team. Not having enough left handed hitters is a root problem. How you construct the batting order- pretty small potatoes.
    I'll take righties with good plate approaches over lefties within Dustyball.

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    I don't think it's asking too much for an outfielder who is fast and athletic to leave the ground for a ball. All I'm really saying is, he's not any good and the sooner the Reds give up on him and get a centerfielder the better.
    They can't and here's why.

1. Dusty is the manager.
    2. Drew is fast.

How did he end up on his face? If he went to a knee in some weird tumbling move like you're suggesting, wouldn't that tell you that he would have overran the ball had he actually leaped?

Actually nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I'll take righties with good plate approaches over lefties within Dustyball.
    A philosophy which explains why we're hitting .240 against right handed pitching over the last two years despite having Bruce and Votto in the line up.

Heisey showing good power today.

Stubbs drives me crazy on a regular basis. But what is the other option? I don't see a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    How did he end up on his face? If he went to a knee in some weird tumbling move like you're suggesting, wouldn't that tell you that he would have overran the ball had he actually leaped?

Actually nevermind.
    The same way he jammed his shoulder the last time he slid coming in feet first. Lol....not natural in any way.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

1. I post it once per game. Posting something 1,000 times since we let go of Laynce Nix 3 years ago is actually not a lot.

2. It's the key as to what's wrong with this team. Not having enough left handed hitters is a root problem. How you construct the batting order- pretty small potatoes.
    Of course, it's a huge issue.

And I've given you props for repeatedly acknowledging it.

But Valdez over Cozart (and in the 2-hole no less), and Cairo over Frazier (for whatever reason) were obviously likely to kill the offense today, against a good starter.

Lineup construction matters. I'd bet Votto concurs.

I missed the debate earlier, but why isn't the lineup fair game everytime Valdez comes up with runners on?

The same way he jammed his shoulder the last time he slid coming in feet first. Lol....not natural in any way.
    It's not always going to be pretty. Stubbs has played a really good defensive outfield this year. Running them down and throwing the ball.

A philosophy which explains why we're hitting .240 against right handed pitching over the last two years despite having Bruce and Votto in the line up.
    Votto and Hanigan are the only two who have good approaches.....Phillips has huge potential but usually wails away.

They can't and here's why.

1. Dusty is the manager.
    2. Drew is fast.
    So was Willy Taveras

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Not true at all. Dusty bashing has become sport particularly on this site. The cast who do it remain the same and it has nothing to do with their respective point of view of the game. If something goes wrong blame Dusty no matter the situation and continuing to do so with the team playing as well as they are just makes them look foolish.
    This just shows how little you pay attention to things around here and only look at things through your point of view, never for a moment to see things how others see them. If you knew anything about the posts I post, and there's 6700+ of them, you'd know that I give credit where credit is due along with taking away credit where it's not deserved. I've put as much analysis into my posts than anyone at REDSZONE. So, quit your whining about other people's posts and try to contribute something positive about baseball or the REDS. Pointing out Dusty's faults is contributing something positive as it's pointing out ways where the team can become better....and that's what baseball fans do...you talk about the game, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Dusty Baker, while occasionally being the good, is usually the bad or the ugly.

Turn Off Ads?