Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

Re: Reds vs. Pirates Monday 5/28

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Of course, it's a huge issue.

And I've given you props for repeatedly acknowledging it.

But Valdez over Cozart (and in the 2-hole no less), and Cairo over Frazier (for whatever reason) were obviously likely to kill the offense today, against a good starter.

Lineup construction matters.

I thought Cozart and Frazier were sick. They had to have iv's after yesterdays game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You need to have a bench that can give you something. Spot starts to give guys the day off, big pinch hits, bunts...whatever. We have a bench full of guys who we want to avoid at all costs.

I don't follow our minor league system much, but if this is the best we can do games like today are gonna be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Not having enough left handed hitters is a root problem.
    Dusty being the Manager is a root problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    It's not always going to be pretty. Stubbs has played a really good defensive outfield this year. Running them down and throwing the ball.
    He is top 5 running them down and throwing....but he is the worst sliding/diving catch maker I've ever seen in the big leagues. He looks like guys hesitating to kill themselves on that old AstroTurf......not good ol sliding grass.

I was at the Votto 3 HR game versus the Nats and in the first 6 innings Bryce Harper made a feet first sliding catch and a head first diving catch. I've not seen Stubbs do both in his 400 game career. How is that possible? Seriously?

It looked bad early in the year but picking up Simon has been great.

You need to have a bench that can give you something. Spot starts to give guys the day off, big pinch hits, bunts...whatever. We have a bench full of guys who we want to avoid at all costs.

I don't follow our minor league system much, but if this is the best we can do games like today are gonna be ugly.
    I agree. There is too much redundancy on the bench.

Well, at least Simon is looking good out there. He makes Coco look like a mop up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    He is top 5 running them down and throwing....but he is the worst sliding/diving catch maker I've ever seen in the big leagues. He looks like guys hesitating to kill themselves on that old AstroTurf......not good ol sliding grass.

I was at the Votto 3 HR game versus the Nats and in the first 6 innings Bryce Harper made a feet first sliding catch and a head first diving catch. I've not seen Stubbs do both in his 400 game career. How is that possible? Seriously?
    Sorry....I exaggerated this is only career game #398

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

For being a GManagerial Genius, it seems that Walter has been slightly off his game for the past 5-6 years.

Take a bow, Alfredo.

We should sign that Pirates ball girl to play some late inning d at 3rd.

One of those days

Sliding catch by no name LF robbing Stubbs.....ironic

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    For being a GManagerial Genius, it seems that Walter has been slightly off his game for the past 5-6 years.
    Maybe LaRussa made him look good?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This just shows how little you pay attention to things around here and only look at things through your point of view, never for a moment to see things how others see them. If you knew anything about the posts I post, and there's 6700+ of them, you'd know that I give credit where credit is due along with taking away credit where it's not deserved. I've put as much analysis into my posts than anyone at REDSZONE. So, quit your whining about other people's posts and try to contribute something positive about baseball or the REDS. Pointing out Dusty's faults is contributing something positive as it's pointing out ways where the team can become better....and that's what baseball fans do...you talk about the game, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Dusty Baker, while occasionally being the good, is usually the bad or the ugly.
    Love how you try to say that people don't bother to look at the other point of view but then end your rant with the same Dusty sucks dig at the very end. Way to see that other point of view.

Turn Off Ads?