Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/28/12 Reds Vs Pirates

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: 5/28/12 Reds Vs Pirates

The great homestand (and winning a series at a place called Yankee Stadium) definitely gives the Reds a lot of room for error these next couple weeks. However, games like today are still frustrating. Feels like we're giving away opportunities. I'm usually a "tip your cap to the other team" kind of guy, but it doesn't really feel like the Pirates are playing well. It feels like the Reds aren't playing well in the least. At least not yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Barajas walks

Still a lot of reaching and not a lot of blocking/movement by Hannigan. I know it's hot but a catcher has to block the ball.

Barmes grounds out to 2nd. 4-0 Pirates after 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Jeez, guess an 8-1 homestand doesn't buy much security on Redszone.
    It was a 6-1 homestand, actually, although they won the last two at Yankee Stadium too.

BTW, we ARE allowed to complain when Dusty or the players do dumb things. This team could be much better....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Never thought I' say it, but I miss Janish. I gues they're grooming Bell down in L'Ville. Well,I ready to give him a shot. I'm sorry, but I'm just done with Dusty.
    I don't see how Dusty is to blame for that inning.

Valdez is on the team, that is probably Walt's decision. If he hits eighth in the order, maybe the threat doesn't ever happen that inning.

Costanzo is also probably Walt's decision. Fifth inning, not terrible to use him there.

The personnel on offense could be better, that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Update:

Valdez 8-44 (.182)
    Harris 3-35 (.086)
    Cairo 5-30 (.167)
    Costanzo 1-13 (.077)

That's now a .140 average in 121 AB's from this group. 1 for 6 (.167) today so they have brought the average up.
    I've said for two years now that there Reds bench is far too anemic - especially for a roster that carries 12 pitchers. Right now, my third pinch-hitting choice on this roster (after whoever isn't playing between Ludwick/Heisey and Hanigan/Mesaraco) would be Mike Leake on the days he isn't pitching - he might even be second because you're not likely to burn your backup catcher very early in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    It was a 6-1 homestand, actually, although they won the last two at Yankee Stadium too.

BTW, we ARE allowed to complain when Dusty or the players do dumb things. This team could be much better....
    You are correct, my mistake.

And yes, I agree that Dusty does dumb things and I myself have 'called him out' on it. But again I feel like people are using 5 innings of this one game as a barometer for the team overall, which is ridiculous.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    The great homestand (and winning a series at a place called Yankee Stadium) definitely gives the Reds a lot of room for error these next couple weeks. However, games like today are still frustrating. Feels like we're giving away opportunities. I'm usually a "tip your cap to the other team" kind of guy, but it doesn't really feel like the Pirates are playing well. It feels like the Reds aren't playing well in the least. At least not yet.
    Pirates are a team that pitches well. They cannot hit.

If you want to blame somebody today, it is Arroyo.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-28-2012 at 03:32 PM.

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Pirates are a team that pitches well. The cannot hit.

If you want to blame somebody today, it is Arroyo.
    I have never seen a team win a game without scoring a run.

Damn, thought Votto had that one.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Votto flies out to the track in right.

Phillips grounds out.

Bruce grounds out to 1st. 4-0 Pirates mid 6th.

Funny thing is outside of Stubbs/Valdez, almost everyone else in the lineup is hitting the ball hard and just not getting any breaks.

Turn Off Ads?