Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good teams are never satisfied with their pitchers...

Good teams are never satisfied with their pitchers...

I'm keeping up on MLB trade rumors and the teams that are considering Roy Oswalt...none of which includes the Cincinnati Reds. But most of them are first place teams currently! I wonder why?..that is ladies and gentleman the difference between a team wanting to win a world series, and a team that wants a playoff appearance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good teams are never satisfied with their pitchers...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySongz View Post
    I'm keeping up on MLB trade rumors and the teams that are considering Roy Oswalt...none of which includes the Cincinnati Reds. But most of them are first place teams currently! I wonder why?..that is ladies and gentleman the difference between a team wanting to win a world series, and a team that wants a playoff appearance.
    Yes because after all the debate and wonderment about Chapman going into the rotation, Leake, Bailey, etc. the one thing that this team needs is another starting pitcher....one that is now injury prone and has seen decreasing production.

Phillies because of Halladay's injury
    Rangers because of Feliz's injury
    Red Sox because their pitching is bad
    and Orioles...well I dunno, maybe they could use a starter

The two teams who have recently jumped in did so because of an injury, not because they're looking to add for the sake of adding.

You forgot the dodgers, they just want to upgrade the back end. Personally i never have like the idea of adding Oswalt due to his age and recent injury history.

Oh yea the Dodgers...haven't been following too closely. I thought I had read that they were way apart on what he should get paid.

We already have enough pitching in place to win a World Series. What we need is a couple more reliable bats in the lineup.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    We already have enough pitching in place to win a World Series. What we need is a couple more reliable bats in the lineup.
    Disagree on the pitching to win a World Series

Definitely have the bullpen to win a WS but starting pitching is starting to become a concern

If you go by team ERA, compared to past WS champs, we have the pitching. We're in first place with one of the worst offenses in the league, and the reason is pitching.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

When we score 4+ runs, we are 23-3, which is by far the best record in baseball. That's pitching.

Boy, the Sun Deck sure is tough to lurk on somedays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Disagree on the pitching to win a World Series
    Really? How do we not?

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Definitely have the bullpen to win a WS but starting pitching is starting to become a concern
    Huh? How is starting pitching starting to become a concern? Are you saying no player should have slumps?

you do realize every team going after him has that thing called money.

your play off rotation
    1. Cueto
    2. Latos
    3. ??????
    I love leake for that spot because he is a different type of pitcher than them but at the moment he hasn't earned it, neither has Bailey or Bronson IMO.

Turn Off Ads?