Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/28/12 Reds Vs Pirates

5/28/12 Reds Vs Pirates

Thought I'd at least post the lineups. Won't be able to participate in any discussion though. We're getting ready to leave and take the daughter back to college. The Reds will on me radio though LOL

D. Stubbs cf
    W. Valdez ss
    J. Votto 1b 0
    B. Phillips 2b
    J. Bruce rf 0
    C. Heisey lf 0
    M. Cairo 3b 0
    R. Hanigan c
    B. Arroyo p 0

J. Tabata lf
    N. Walker 2b
    A. McCutchen cf
    P. Alvarez 3b
    G. Jones rf
    M. Hague 1b
    R. Barajas c
    C. Barmes ss
    J. McDonald p
    Last edited by GAC; 05-28-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/28/12 Reds Vs Pirates

Reds-Pirates Preview

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reds-pi...K0yMhkce6FCLcF

After hitting plenty of homers on a homestand, the Cincinnati Reds could find it difficult to go deep against a pitcher who has been keeping the ball in the stadium of late.
    Pittsburgh Pirates starter James McDonald hasn't allowed a homer over his last 33 2-3 innings heading into Monday's opener of a three-game set against the first-place Reds.
    Cincinnati (27-20) has won eight of nine, completing a 6-1 homestand in which it homered 17 times with Sunday's 7-5 victory over Colorado. Four Reds homered Sunday in a game that featured a record nine longballs at Great American Ball Park.
    "The ball was flying out today," manager Dusty Baker told the Reds' official website. "That's too many home runs for them. I'll take all of ours."
    McDonald (3-2, 2.51 ERA), however, figures to be stingy since he has yielded one run in five of his last seven outings. That includes a May 5 effort in which he limited the Reds to one run over 6 1-3 innings while striking out seven to earn a 3-2 victory, improving to 2-0 with a 1.90 ERA in four career home starts against them.
    McDonald has struck out at least seven in six straight starts to tie Bob Veale's 1965 club record.
    Several key Reds hitters have good numbers against the right-hander, with Brandon Phillips 6 for 15, Jay Bruce 5 for 13 with a homer and Joey Votto 6 for 19 with one home run.

Several Pirates could face a challenge Monday against Bronson Arroyo (2-2, 3.22). McCutchen is 1 for 16 against him, Rod Barajas is 0 for 11 and Jones is 4 for 16.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

A 'rest' day for Cozart and Frazier.

Valdez is 0 for 2 lifetime against McDonald, and Cairo is 2 for 8. Cozart is 0 for 6, and Frazier is 0 for 3.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Valdez batting 2nd and Hanigan 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Good to see Dusty give Hanigan a chance to give Votto some RBI opportunities by batting him 2nd when Cozart or Stubbs are out. Wait, what?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Senor Votto

Shortstop bats 2nd dude

Stubbs K's.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Stubbs strikes out swinging.

Valdez strikes out swinging.

Votto continues to roll singles to center.

At least we won't be no hit.

Phillips grounds into a 5-4 FC. 0-0 mid 1st.

Tabata grounds out to 2nd.

Walker singles

Turn Off Ads?