Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starlin Castro

Starlin Castro

would you trade for him if possible? if him or / cozart could play 3b or of? or not?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Starlin Castro

obv price would be insane im guessing. so don't see it happening

Price too big. He may end up a HOF if he stays interested. Ton of talent.

Trade Frazier, Massett and maybe one of the #4-#6 prospects and I'd be fine....nothing more.

In order to pull this off the Cubs would probably want a package of Cozart, Masset, and Hamilton. So, id have to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds19 View Post
    In order to pull this off the Cubs would want a package or Cozart, Masset, and Hamilton IMO. So, id have to say no.
    heck if it took that when can we do it?

Hamilton is untouchable in my book.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Castro is untouchable in my book. It would take alot to get him. I would say Cozart, Stubbs, Heisey, and JJ Hoover. The Cubs want young players. Castro is their jewel, the 4 names I mentioned would start immediately for them. They would then peddle DeJesus or Soriano.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Castro is untouchable in my book. It would take alot to get him. I would say Cozart, Stubbs, Heisey, and JJ Hoover. The Cubs want young players. Castro is their jewel, the 4 names I mentioned would start immediately for them. They would then peddle DeJesus or Soriano.
    Castro may be untouchable but i wouldnt mind seeing them try and get DeJesus. Hes a lefty could bat leadoff and play LF. And it shouldn't empty the farm system in the process.

Castro may be untouchable but i wouldnt mind seeing them try and get DeJesus. Hes a lefty could bat leadoff and play LF. And it shouldn't empty the farm system in the process.
    I completely agree.

According to Epstein, the Cubs are hoping to build around him.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...tarlin-castro/

In order to pull this off the Cubs would probably want a package of Cozart, Masset, and Hamilton. So, id have to say no.
    The Cubs still wouldn't do that trade. Castro is almost their franchise player. Hamilton is the only thing in that deal that would be interesting to the cubs and he is an unproven player. I think its great to ponder trade options, but at least name somebody that is on the trade block or would make sense. The Cubs, as far as I know, have no interest in trading Castro.

This is like some Dodgers message board posting Aroldis Chapman and then offering James Loney, Kenly Jansen, and a minor league prospect. No one here wants to trade Chapman or Votto or Cueto ... No one in Chicago wants to trade Castro. At least with the LeHair comments - it was someone the Cubs are in a position crunch.

I believe DeJesus' contract is like monopoly money (well 2 year, 10 million). Is he really an upgrade over Heisey?

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    I believe DeJesus' contract is like monopoly money (well 2 year, 10 million). Is he really an upgrade over Heisey?
    Not in my opinion. But the Reds need a lead-off hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Hamilton is untouchable in my book.
    not in mine. he's fast but will he hit.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    not in mine. he's fast but will he hit.
    I can't remember which podcast it was, I want to say it was Up and In from baseball prospectus.. but anyway, a scout told of the guys on there that not only were his stats better, but his vast improvement at the plate was noticeable. I can't be any more specific without finding the episode and listening to it again. But it sounds like he is indeed becoming a hitter. If so, I would say he is pretty close to untouchable. Although, one person I would trade him for would be Castro, as I doubt Hamilton's hit tool will ever be as good as Castro's, and neither of them plays a stellar SS to begin with. I doubt the Cubs would make this trade however.

Turn Off Ads?