1. Definitely hands down the worst trade in Reds history sans Robinson Pappas. Also without Latos we have Chapman in the rotation.
2. Lf problem solved, his bat would be VERY huge in this lineup.
3. Don't miss at all. No Scott Rolen=no 2010 division title. Plus I would much rather have Frazier anyway.
RedsFanInBama is entitled to his opinion as much as you are. He didn't call him a scrub. He didn't say he wasn't a major league caliber player. He said that he didn't miss his poor defense (which it was) or the idea of his strikeouts coupled with Stubbs.
1. Yes it does. He is amazing. He was great in 2007 with us, but we desperately needed pitching, and at the time EV was solid. So yeah it stinks but like others have said we couldn't afford him and Votto.
2. The only things good about Dunn were his HR's and OBP, but his fielding and K's were hard to take alot of times. I can't even remember how many times the game was on the line and Dunn K'd.
3. If the E.E of 2006 was a great as the E.E of today then I'd be sad we traded him. But he was not good when we traded him for Rolen, and Rolen was great in 2010.
Here is what's factual.
Dunn has 381 career HR.....27 were hit with a lead of 4 or more runs.
1. I wish we had Hamilton as much as anyone else, but it is simply unreasonable to get upset or blame anyone for him not being a Red today. At the time of his trade it was heavily in our favor as he was a high risk for the club. This has been talked about enough times on RedsZone I need not say more.
I do not miss Adam Dunn by any means. Not one little bit. It was great to have him while we did, but we are a better team without him. Had we made out better with the trade, no one would miss him today.
3. Wanting EE back is like Cleveland wanting Phillips back. At the time each player was dealt, the original team thought "good riddance". To have remorse at this point is silly and I wish EE very well. Your recent performance is wanted and envied, but you are not missed. No one wanted him back when we were in the post season because of Rolen.
Our team is what is it today because of these moves, and it is impossible to say we'd be better (or worse for that matter) without them.
There are only two seasons - Winter and Baseball.
Hamilton? Yes. Dunn and EE? Heck no. Donkey was the worst player in MLB last year.
Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.