Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman found bound after robbery in Chapman's hotel room

Re: Woman found bound after robbery in Chapman's hotel room

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    It's not outside the realm of possibility.

One reason I'm okay with never having become famous is that you can never know for sure who's really your friend once you hit the big time. Or at the very least, it gets way more complicated.
    Ain't it the truth. Even having a lot of money makes it harder to know for sure. Imagine being a sports star and everybody on the planet wants to be your "friend". Really hard for a kid from nowhere and nothing to wrap his head around. No wonder so many go south.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

No joke, as I am flipping through this thread, I drive a fast car by Tracy Chapman came on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post

OK, now for some unfounded rumor-mongering, made-for-TV movie-style -- I think this robbery was an inside job set up by his girlfriend. I'm betting she pegged Chapman as an easy mark and planned the "robbery," including getting tied up.
    The whole thing sounds pretty suspicious. How many "robberies" have you ever heard of where the victim is found in an open room with their hands tied up with a cloth napkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The whole thing sounds pretty suspicious. How many "robberies" have you ever heard of where the victim is found in an open room with their hands tied up with a cloth napkin.

Didn't Aroldis leave a wife and baby behind in Cuba? I thought I had read that?

I wonder if this was to be a similar situation to the string of Venezuelan baseball player kidnappings? He's a recognizable, young millionaire in a new country, so he's definitely a target of opportunity if only for his money. And as a defector from Cuba, he's a big political target. I think it's less likely that Chapman "owes" these people through shady dealings since his girlfriend wasn't harmed.

The FBI needs to be involved for sure. And if they find the order for this came from abroad, the State Department also needs to play.
    Last edited by paintmered; 05-30-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    OK, now for some unfounded rumor-mongering, made-for-TV movie-style -- I think this robbery was an inside job set up by his girlfriend. I'm betting she pegged Chapman as an easy mark and planned the "robbery," including getting tied up.

That actually sounds plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    That actually sounds plausible.
    It's what I was thinking too.

It sounds like he's involved with some bad people or with something he shouldn't be, and I hope this doesn't continue or get worse, they are not good signs.

All of a sudden that overnight speeding trip to Columbus recently between games, seems much more suspect as well now.

You hate to assume the worst, but, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I wonder if this was to be a similar situation to the string of Venezuelan baseball player kidnappings? He's a recognizable, young millionaire in a new country, so he's definitely a target of opportunity if only for his money. And as a defector from Cuba, he's a big political target. I think it's less likely that Chapman "owes" these people through shady dealings since his girlfriend wasn't harmed.

The FBI needs to be involved for sure. And if they find the order for this came from abroad, the State Department also needs to play.
    My guess is that he's less of a "victim" of international conspiracy and more of a young guy with $$ for the first time in a new country, making some poor decisions and trusting/surrounding himself with the wrong people.

But obviously this is all speculation at this point, so there's no point in continuing, but it's concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Aroldis might need a babysitter.
    Damn him for having a girlfriend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Not to be insensitive but........ any pics of the g/f?
    LMAO. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    This was good too.
    Last edited by reds44; 05-30-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Damn him for having a girlfriend!
    Yea, because that's the point.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Lots of questions begging to be answered:

How did this man find out which room Chapman was staying in? It's not like the hotel gives out that information, especially for high-profile guests.

How do you bind someone's hands with a cloth napkin? Wasn't there anything else to use? It seems like the person being tied up would have to be very cooperative to allow a napkin to be tied properly to restrain her.

Why wasn't Chapman's girlfriend at the game? Seems strange to go on the road with him but then sit in a hotel room all night.

Why would Chapman's girlfriend fly into Columbus only hours after the Reds flew into Cincinnati from New York? If it's a question about airfare, why would a more expensive ticket to CVG matter to someone who signed a $30 million contract?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Yea, because that's the point.
    He needs a babysitter because his hotel room got robbed?

Normally the Reds reserve babysitters for chronic crack users and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Lots of questions begging to be answered:

How did this man find out which room Chapman was staying in? It's not like the hotel gives out that information, especially for high-profile guests.

How do you bind someone's hands with a cloth napkin? Wasn't there anything else to use? It seems like the person being tied up would have to be very cooperative to allow a napkin to be tied properly to restrain her.

Why wasn't Chapman's girlfriend at the game? Seems strange to go on the road with him but then sit in a hotel room all night.

Why would Chapman's girlfriend fly into Columbus only hours after the Reds flew into Cincinnati from New York? If it's a question about airfare, why would a more expensive ticket to CVG matter to someone who signed a $30 million contract?
    Not that strange. I'm pretty sure Dallas is on just about all of the Reds road trips and she doesn't go to all the games. Granted, Latos only pitches every 5 days, but still.

Turn Off Ads?