Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Wednesday 5/30

Re: Reds vs. Pirates Wednesday 5/30

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    I was about to say the same thing. This offense just sucks and until they make some upgrades will be nlds and out and lucky to not be swept again
    Best record in MLB over the past 6 weeks and all you ever spout is how "bad" they are.

2. Turn Off Ads?

do the reds have the worst bench in baseball? I'd like to see the stats. We throw up people like Harris, Constanza, Valdez, Cairo - those guys have to be cumulatively batting under 0.150.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Seriously. Most non-Reds fans are surprised to hear that Miguel Cairo is still around.

Jocketty has to get Baker some decent bench players.

It's on him.
    Baker chose to go with Miggy - he is the Vet. That is Dusty's MO

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    I think Heisey had a shot to steal second - but even if he doesn't there are a lot of things that could have happen to get him into scoring position. Really, what would you have done - hit for Frazier or Cairo?
    Cairo has been the worst hitter on the team.
    I would rather hit for Cairo. But at the same time you got to make sure Votto gets a shot and Frazier had already hit into one DP.

It is so sad...Some people just don't get it. Have any of the complainers actually looked at team records...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Starting to feel like they lose every time Cueto goes out there. Can't waste these type of pitching performances, especially against the Pirates.
    I think this loss is on Dusty. I think he set the line-up looking at Cueto pitching and thought he could sneak one through. If Votto Is in this game you gotta think the Reds win this game.

The Yankees need bullpen help: Ondrusek for Ibaniez? Ondrusek and Hoover for Gardner?

I think this loss is on Dusty. I think he set the line-up looking at Cueto pitching and thought he could sneak one through. If Votto Is in this game you gotta think the Reds win this game.
    he said quite awhile ago he was going to give Votto a day off in Pittsburgh. These guys are not machines. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Disagree. Every other regular played tonight. Players have to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    he said quite awhile ago he was going to give Votto a day off in Pittsburgh. These guys are not machines. Its a marathon, not a sprint.
    Sure I agree, but this one probably cost the team a win. I think there are times to sit a guy when it has less of a chance to cost the team. When Cueto is out there I would have my best line-up out there. This is when you are most likely to get a win - you need to take the for sure wins. I disagree with how Votto was used tonight on many different levels.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Baker chose to go with Miggy - he is the Vet. That is Dusty's MO
    I hardly ever make excuses for Baker.....and as far as I know, he could be in Cairo's corner.

But Jocketty is the GM, and he's ultimately responsible for that Gawd-awful bench.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I hardly ever make excuses for Baker.....and as far as I know, he could be in Cairo's corner.

But Jocketty is the GM, and the ultimate responsibility for that unquestionably Gawd-awful bench is completely his.
    I think he is going to have to wait for the return of Bray and Masset and then move some bullpen pieces.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think he is going to have to wait for the return of Bray and Masset and then move some bullpen pieces.
    Sounds about right.

Don't know when that'll be, though.

And I want LaHair now.

A frustrated rant here. The Reds 28-22 record aside, I hate seeing them loose a series to a divison rival. Now is the time to be burying the Cards and rest of the division. I'm concerned that this team lacks the depth of talent to continue playing at their current level, I still feel this is a .500 ballclub. I don't think there is a lot that dusty can do given the team he has to field. Bruce is too streaky a hitter to depend on, Heisy, Frazier, Mesoraco and cozart are developing. Ludwick, Cairo and Valdez are wash-ups, sending them to the plate is like sending a pitcher or Willie Harris to bat, in fact I rather have some of the Resd pitchers at the plate. Oh well the Reds are still in first place...for now

Did dusty play tonight? I find it laughable people blame someone whom didn't swing a bat, field a ball or make a pitch...

Turn Off Ads?