Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Wednesday 5/30

Re: Reds vs. Pirates Wednesday 5/30

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Did dusty play tonight? I find it laughable people blame someone whom didn't swing a bat, field a ball or make a pitch...
    So managers have no influence on the outcome of a baseball game?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think he is going to have to wait for the return of Bray and Masset and then move some bullpen pieces.
    I doubt either Bray or Nick make any significant contributions this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    So managers have no influence on the outcome of a baseball game?
    Some but in the end its up to the players...the buck stops with them.

Some but in the end its up to the players...the buck stops with them.
    Should have had Harry S. Truman playing 1st base then tonight>

Did dusty play tonight? I find it laughable people blame someone whom didn't swing a bat, field a ball or make a pitch...
    ... yet had final say on everyone who did.

20 games in 20 days isn't going to make your season, it can really screw it up though. Last year we had a long stretch of games and I think we had the marathon Philly game in there somewhere. It took a lot out of the team and really threw us off for a while.

All things considered we had a good 20 games...we came out in 1st place and relatively healthy. Good deal.

You find a lot of things laughable. But the fact is the manager does have an influence on the outcomes of games. And I find it laughable that someone would think otherwise. Why pay Dusty 3 or 4 million dollars a year otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    You find a lot of things laughable. But the fact is the manager does have an influence on the outcomes of games. And I find it laughable that someone would think otherwise. Why pay Dusty 3 or 4 million dollars a year otherwise?
    Infuence no question and there have been games where poor decisions by Dusty have cost Reds games, last nights game was not one of them.

Turn Off Ads?