Turn Off Ads?

Thread: High performance vision test

High performance vision test

I heard UC baseball players team avg improved over 30 points..is the reds considering this information? some players seriously need it! Looking at pitches down center on the plate, swinging at pitches out of the strike zone...It's ok to be aggressive at the plate if you recognize your pitch and at least swing at it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: High performance vision test

If you saw UC's record this season you might reconsider that thought.

And, BTW, I'm a HUGE Bearcat fan saying that.

u do realize in the mlb level they throw harder than 50 mph?

its worth a try..I hate seeing a team swing at pitches that arent close to the strike zone..but look at strike three right down the center of the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySongz View Post
    its worth a try..I hate seeing a team swing at pitches that arent close to the strike zone..but look at strike three right down the center of the plate.
    Almost every player that reaches the majors as a non-pitcher has 20/20 vision or better.....along with upper echelon reaction times. I could see a player or two needing vision help.....but it's mentally understanding what the pitcher is trying to do to fool you and if your so dead set on swinging at the first pitch that looks good it's easy money to start a ball 3 inches on the plate and have it move down and in or away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Almost every player that reaches the majors as a non-pitcher has 20/20 vision or better.....along with upper echelon reaction times. I could see a player or two needing vision help.....but it's mentally understanding what the pitcher is trying to do to fool you and if your so dead set on swinging at the first pitch that looks good it's easy money to start a ball 3 inches on the plate and have it move down and in or away.
    Very True.

I would imagine for the minimal cost a team would incur that this is a no-brainer. Seems like a number of players are already trying it. This article is from awhile back so maybe it was tried, tested and kicked to the curb. Not sure how it hurts a team though. If you got improvement from just one or two players it seems like it would be money well spent.

http://www.visionhelp.com/vh_sports_03.html

Turn Off Ads?