Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Six picks in and the second-best player in the draft still not selected. IMO, that is. Andre Drummond.
    From the potential franchise player standpoint, I agree.

But we are definitely in the minority. Hey, the contrarian role can be fun.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Drummond is my #1 pick to be a bust.

I can't really remember the last "elite" big man I saw with a slower motor.

Really like Lillard as a combo guard, especially in Portland. I'm guessing they find a free agent point to mentor him (Kidd would be ideal, IMO). With Wes Matthews likely to improve at SG and Aldridge underneath, they have a nice nucleus and a TON of money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Drummond is my #1 pick to be a bust.

I can't really remember the last "elite" big man I saw with a slower motor.
    I don't believe it's his motor as much as it is he seems to be feeling/thinking his way thru things at times. Defensively he doesn't look motorless if you will, it comes more natural.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Barnes as a shooter to Golden State makes their starting five really tough:
    Stephen Curry PG
    Klay Thompson SG
    Harrison Barnes SF
    David Lee PF
    Andrew Bogut C

Biedrins (who should play better) as a backup to the injury prone Bogut is nice, too. (As is the fact he can play some PF as well.) They also have a couple more picks to make tonight.

Fearless prediction number one: Golden State makes the playoffs next season.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 06-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Toronto goes Terrence Ross, an over-draft, IMO. They should have traded down.

Not that I dislike Ross' game. Love it.

Raptors are now, IMO, going all-in chasing Steve Nash at PG.

Detroit makes the gamble on Drummond.

Really nice move, IMO.

He'll need to defend immediately (which I think he will). With Greg Monroe's ability to pass, Drummond might find a couple shots a game fall in his lap. Really needs to work on his free throws.

Knight G
    Stuckey G
    Prince SF
    Monroe PF
    Drummond C

Solid start, but there's a ton of work to do in Detroit.

New Orleans goes with Rivers, a shooter who demands the ball. I'm guessing he starts with Gordon in the backcourt. With Davis at PF and Aminu and Xavier Henry as the erstwhile SF combo, they have a nice nucleus. Still a work in progress, though. They need a big or three badly.

This might make Kaman a priority in NOLA.

At worst, Drummond is DeAndre Jordan. The Kwame Brown comparisons are laughable. Brown was/is never a shotblocker at all. He may not reach it, but his upside is higher than anyone in this draft not named Davis.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Meyers Leonard is Portland's second pick.

This might be the first pick I don't like. He's weak and isn't as productive as his athletic numbers sugest. With Zeller and Henson still out there, this makes little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    At worst, Drummond is DeAndre Jordan. The Kwame Brown comparisons are laughable. Brown was/is never a shotblocker at all. He may not reach it, but his upside is higher than anyone in this draft not named Davis.
    At worst, he's Michael Olawakandi.

And I'd argue Austin Rivers' upside is higher. (But I think guards/ ballhandlers have become the most important aspect of the NBA.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    New Orleans goes with Rivers, a shooter who demands the ball. I'm guessing he starts with Gordon in the backcourt. With Davis at PF and Aminu and Xavier Henry as the erstwhile SF combo, they have a nice nucleus. Still a work in progress, though. They need a big or three badly.

This might make Kaman a priority in NOLA.
    Word is that they are targeting Gonzaga's Robert Sacre in the 2nd round, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Word is that they are targeting Gonzaga's Robert Sacre in the 2nd round, FWIW.
    Love Sacre's game. We'll see.

Houston's first pick (of 1,000, it seems) is Jeremy Lamb.

Nice pick here. Can play SG or SF. Shoots, rebounds, long arms. A bit streaky. It wouldn't shock me to see him go 15/6/3 a night as a rookie in fairly limited minutes. If they keep these picks, the Rockets have a chance to completely re-make their team.

Phoenix, who needs all sorts of help, chooses Kendall Marshall.

Marshall isn't, imo, a great pick. He couldn't play defense in college-- how's he going to do when the players are far more athletic? His shot release is s l o w and is inconsistent at best.

If Nash re-signs with the Suns, they may have the worst defense in the NBA.

Ick.

Turn Off Ads?