Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Henson to the Bucks. Will Zeller be there for Houston at 16?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Phoenix, who needs all sorts of help, chooses Kendall Marshall.

Marshall isn't, imo, a great pick. He couldn't play defense in college-- how's he going to do when the players are far more athletic? His shot release is s l o w and is inconsistent at best.

If Nash re-signs with the Suns, they may have the worst defense in the NBA.

Ick.
    Agreed. IMHO, Marshall is the most likely bust of the lottery selections.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Milwaukee, who got a nice C in Dalembert earlier in the week, grab John Henson, my sleeper pick of the night.

Brandon Jennings PG
    Monta Ellis SG
    Mbah a Moute/ Tobias Harris/ Michael Dunleavy SF
    John Henson PF
    Dalembert C

This likely means Ilyasova is gone from Milwaukee, but he was likely gone anyway, IMO. If they keep him, Henson can play both C and PF as a backup, rebound (which the Bucks need desperately), score around the rim (love his jump hook), and block shots.

Henson has a chance to go 15/10 a night because the two guards will want to push the ball. And he can fly.

Harkless, who makes no sense in Philly, is drafted by Philadelphia. Iguadola has to be gone. (I'm guessing Sacramento for Evans.) I'd move Turner to SF and bring in Zeller, but it's not my money. Poor choice, IMO.

Houston surprises many with the choice of Royce White. Interesting pick. I think I like it, though he needs to shoot better. Big, strong, good motor.

But who's he going to guard?

I'll wait and see at this point. He could go PF (or even a PPF) or SF. Let's see what they do with their next picks. I'm shocked they didn't pick Zeller.

Zeller goes to Dallas. Good spot for him. Haywood is likely a casualty of this pick, as his salary is going to be amnestied, IMO. Like pairing him with Marion and Nowitzki in the frontcourt. Five Carolina players on Dallas' roster at this point.

Houston picks Terrence Jones from Kentucky. Putting he and Royce White together actually makes all kinds of sense now, as Jones can guard small forwards, while White can move underneath a bit.

He'll need to shoot the ball much better though.

Zeller goes to Dallas. Good spot for him. Haywood is likely a casualty of this pick, as his salary is going to be amnestied, IMO. Like pairing him with Marion and Nowitzki in the frontcourt. Five Carolina players on Dallas' roster at this point.
    Reportedly headed to Cleveland for picks 24, 33 and 34. I like Zellar, but that's an overpay.

Better question is how is Royce White going to make it to away games?

Cleveland's trade was dumb.

Cleveland takes rights to Zeller for three lower picks. Not a bad idea for Dallas, as they look like they're going to go ahead and rebuild.

But Cleveland needs bodies. Good, talented bodies.

Don't get the Cav gameplan so far.

The Nuggets grab the French ex-pat, Evan Fournier. He's very young and, by most respects, a good shooter. Great size and the Nugs can afford to be patient with him.

Boston is on the clock. Sullinger makes so much sense here, as his style of play fits with Boston's. He may make Brandon Bass expendable, depending. of course, what happens with Garnett.

Love this pick, assuming his back is okay.

Having said that, Doc won't let him play much if he can't guard. And he cannot guard anyone.

The Nuggets grab the French ex-pat, Evan Fournier. He's very young and, by most respects, a good shooter. Great size and the Nugs can afford to be patient with him.
    Great " out-of-box-thinking" pick.

Lots of value still on the board. It's been years since I've witnessed a draft this deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Great " out-of-box-thinking" pick.

Lots of value still on the board. It's been years since I've witnessed a draft this deep.
    No doubt. Lots of talent this past season in the college game.

Unfortunately, most of it went to the NBA this season.

With their second pick, Boston goes with size. Fab Melo WILL play defense. Assuming he can learn how to play man to man. Love the offensive rebounding and the shot blocking, but, at best, he's just a big body. I'm guessing this makes Steisma a marked man in restricted FA rankings.

Dude's going to get paid pretty decently to play big minutes, IMO.

It may also presage the departure of KG, either to another team or retirement.

Shame, as I love KG in Boston.

Turn Off Ads?