Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

According to ESPN's Marc Stein and Chad Ford, the Kings may be able to acquire Kyle Lowry and two of Houston's three first-round picks (No. 12, 14 and 18) in return for the No. 5 pick. But, per the story, if Kansas forward Thomas Robinson drops to the Kings at No. 5, Sacramento will likely pass on the trade.
    Kings G.M Geoff Petrie, I have a question for you?

Are You Crazy?

You have a chance to walk out if this draft with Lowry, Harkless and Henson, to name a few, and you'll pass this deal up to draft a player who most likely will not even come close to approximating a franchise player?

Take

the

deal.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

ESPN reported that Cleveland is offering Charlotte picks 4 and 24 and 33 for the Bobcats picks 2 and 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    ESPN reported that Cleveland is offering Charlotte picks 4 and 24 and 33 for the Bobcats picks 2 and 31.
    That makes all kinds of sense for both teams. Cleveland also owns the 34th pick.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

1) Were I Charlotte, I'd make the deal with Cleveland. Robinson, IMO, is the most ready college player and a likely double-double power forward. They could also grab a nice late first-round guy at 24 (Jeff Taylor, Fab Melo, Perry Jones), and still grab a second-round shooter at guard, like English from Mizzou, Jenkins from Vandy, or Lamb / Miller from Kentucky, at 33. Add that to Ben Gordon (I like that move) and a couple lower-level free agents (Chicago might be looking for amnesty for Dieng, for example, or Jason Terry, Randy Foye, Kenyon Martin, Chris Kaman, Jameer Nelson, etc.) looking for starting nods, and Charlotte is going to get better, IMO.

2) Were I Sacramento, I'd grab Noah in lieu of Evans in a nano-second. Love him. And the 29th pick is also okay, as they can still grab a shooter.

3) Josh Smith is okay, and, for the cost, he might be a decent answer. How much would the Hawks want, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Kings G.M Geoff Petrie, I have a question for you?

Are You Crazy?

You have a chance to walk out if this draft with Lowry, Harkless and Henson, to name a few, and you'll pass this deal up to draft a player who most likely will not even come close to approximating a franchise player?

Take

the

deal.
    That's a no-doubter.

Lowry at PG
    Draftee (Ross? Rivers?) at SG
    Evans at SF
    Draftee (Jones? Sullinger? Moultrie?) at PF
    Cousins at C

Nice, that. Young. Upside. Power stud down low, Shooter at SG and PG. No weak sister in that group either.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 06-28-2012 at 07:26 PM.

So, are we going to witness several teams picking players that will soon be wearing a different team's uniform?

If Beal goes #2, that should tell us something.

Also, should Drummond land in Sacto at #5, that may indicate that a deal with the Rockets will go down. Any potential deal involving Howard must include a young center.

Just my two cents.

BIG surprise with MKG and Charlotte at the number two pick.

Questionable, IMO, as he's not a great shooter, and Charlotte kinds sucks at that.

Beal as a sniper from long distance with Wall, Nene, Ariza, and Vesely.

Add Okafor, Blatche, Crawford, Trevor Booker, and Seraphim, and the Wizards might actually make the playoffs next season.

Cleveland goes Dion Waiters.

Major surprise.

He never started a game in college.

Shocked they didn't go Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    BIG surprise with MKG and Charlotte at the number two pick.

Questionable, IMO, as he's not a great shooter, and Charlotte kinds sucks at that.
    An interesting comp for MKG (per some draft site) James Worthy.

Thomas Robinson goes fifth to Sacramento.

No deal with Houston, apparently.

Like his game. Question the move.

Isiah Thomas PG
    Marcus Thornton SG
    Tyreke Evans SF
    Thomas Robinson PF
    Demarcus Cousins C

Salmons and Fredette as backups in the backcourt, Chuck Hayes in the frontcourt.

Need help, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    An interesting comp for MKG (per some draft site) James Worthy.
    If MKG turns into Worthy, I'll be shocked. Love the aggressiveness, but he's turnover prone and can't shoot. He's got a high floor, though. I see Gerald Wallace.

Six picks in and the second-best player in the draft still not selected. IMO, that is. Andre Drummond.

What is David Stern? About 4 foot 6? Even Damian Lillard towers over him.

Well I do have to say, Sacremento does seem to be the best fit for Robinson. He compliments Cousin's game well.

Turn Off Ads?