Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Re: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Davis doesn't have the range on his jumper that's needed to be a true SF. He's also likely a half step slow defensively.

As to making the playoffs, NOLA would need career years from Ariza, Okafor, and Kaman, along with a very good year from Gordon to even sniff the playoffs yet. They'll need at least one more year, perhaps two in the lottery.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Davis did only shoot 27% on his jumpers and took about 1 a game. So, let's be careful to compare him to Kevin Garnett, who is one of the great mid range players of all time. I see him playing the Tyson Chandler role on offense for the first few years of his career.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajowan had no jumper when they entered the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajowan had no jumper when they entered the league.
    He's a great kids with a great work ethic, out of this world athleticism, and a defensive command over a game. I'm not saying he can't develop those things. He could be the next Hakeem. But I don't want to ascribe anything to him until he actually does it. I'm very afraid of the weight of expectations for Davis (see Oden, Greg).
    Last edited by improbus; 06-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    He's a great kids with a great work ethic, out of this world athleticism, and a defensive command over a game. I'm not saying he can't develop those things. He could be the next Hakeem. But I don't want to ascribe anything to him until he actually does it. I'm very afraid of the weight of expectations for Davis (see Oden, Greg).
    I wasnt trying to compare him to either. I was just pointing out that Patrick and Hakeem showed us something they didnt exhibit at the collegiate level. Who knows what the "Unibrowed one" will bring to the table at the next level, but I am sure we havent seen the full arsenal yet.

Davis' jumper was MUCH MUCH better at the end of his freshman season than it was at the beginning. He expanded his game throughout his freshman year. His stroke is pure. He will be just as good a jump shooter as KG. The kid still has a guard's game at heart, he's just turned into a defensive, shot-blocking phenom as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    On what planet is counsins a center?
    Planet Earth.

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Davis' jumper was MUCH MUCH better at the end of his freshman season than it was at the beginning. He expanded his game throughout his freshman year. His stroke is pure. He will be just as good a jump shooter as KG. The kid still has a guard's game at heart, he's just turned into a defensive, shot-blocking phenom as well.
    I agree.

Interesting trade today: The Wizards acquired Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza from the Hornets for Rashard Lewis and a 2nd round pick. The Wizards were supposed to be a lock for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist but are now looking at Bradley Beal, who is a better shooter and would be better as a SG.

I'm predicting a drop for MKG similar to the one Paul Pierce had. MKG reminds me of Pierce coming out of college in so many ways with the motor and slashing ability, but shooting questions coming out. I might try an updated mock if I get time later on this week, but the wedding might be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Interesting trade today: The Wizards acquired Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza from the Hornets for Rashard Lewis and a 2nd round pick. The Wizards were supposed to be a lock for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist but are now looking at Bradley Beal, who is a better shooter and would be better as a SG.

I'm predicting a drop for MKG similar to the one Paul Pierce had. MKG reminds me of Pierce coming out of college in so many ways with the motor and slashing ability, but shooting questions coming out. I might try an updated mock if I get time later on this week, but the wedding might be an issue.
    I agree with the red part above on MKG.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'll post a full mock once it gets a little closer to draft night, but here is my top 10:

1 Hornets - Davis
    2 Bobcats - Robinson
    3 Wizards - B. Beal
    4 Cavaliers - H. Barnes
    5 Kings - M. Kidd-Gilchrist
    6 Trailblazers - A. Drummond
    7 Warriors - T. Ross
    8 Raptors - J. Lamb
    9 Pistons - J. Henson
    10 Hornets - D. Lillard

I am a little stumped at the Warriors pick. I had them selecting Sullinger, but with his health concerns, I believe they actually came out and stated that they weren't selecting him. I have him falling to #19 to Orlando.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

[QUOTE=WVRed;2636136]Interesting trade today: The Wizards acquired Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza from the Hornets for Rashard Lewis and a 2nd round pick. The Wizards were supposed to be a lock for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist but are now looking at Bradley Beal, who is a better shooter and would be better as a SG.

I'm predicting a drop for MKG similar to the one Paul Pierce had. MKG reminds me of Pierce coming out of college in so many ways with the motor and slashing ability, but shooting questions coming out. I might try an updated mock if I get time later on this week, but the wedding might be an issue. [/QUOTE

If the Wizards truly covet Beal, they may have to trade up to #2. If the Wiz don't trade up to #2, I can see the Cavs doing so, as the players they reportedly covet--Beal and Barnes--may be off the board by #4.

As for MKG, I don't see him falling past #5 unless Robinson is still on the board at that time.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

The 2-6 tier is so close, I don't see any shuffling between those teams.

Robinson
    MKG
    Beal
    Barnes
    Drummond

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Looks like SI.com's Sam Amick agrees with me.

As Charlotte continues to ponder its decision at No. 2, numerous executives expect the Bobcats to be approached by Cleveland (No. 4) about the possibility of swapping picks (if it hasn't happened already) in order for the Cavaliers to land Florida shooting guard Bradley Beal. While Cavs point guard Kyrie Irving is known to be a huge proponent of drafting North Carolina small forward Harrison Barnes, it appears Beal has shot up their big board just as he has so many others, and it's widely believed that he won't get past Washington at No. 3 if they don't make a move.

The Cavs have four picks (Nos. 4, 24, 33, 34), and those could be enticing to the Bobcats as assets should they decide to pursue both quality and quantity in this draft. It would make some sense, considering they're coming off such a horrific season (league-record-low winning percentage of .106) and need so much roster help. What's more, if the widely held opinion that Washington would take Kentucky small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist at the No. 3 spot if Beal was gone held true, the Bobcats could still get Barnes at No. 4 if that's the direction they wanted to go
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=nba_t2_a4
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?