Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Reds article on ESPN

Re: Interesting Reds article on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Emerging at the same age, prone to a ba driven ob%, noted gamer, has pop but not insane pop, all around ball player

Boone was a journeyman by age 32, and never had an ops+ above 113

A nice career with a .751 ops in a hitters era, goals that look remarkably attainable
    I agree. It's possible for Frasier to reach that level (although maybe not Boone's level defensively). I would definitely be happy with that.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Todd Frazier is Aaron Boone 2.0
    You mean the Reds' best 3rd baseman of the past 30 years (no offense to Joe Randa)? All right, I'll take it.

I think Frazier will be a better hitter than Boone, less of a fielder but passable given regular playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Regarding Frazier, I'm not sure why everything has to be measured on whether someone is going to be a star player, or if not they're a bust. Except for the Yankees and Red Sox, most teams that win the World Series aren't fielding an All-Star at every position. Frazier looks like he can provided decent production out of the 3B spot as a replacement for Rolen.

I'd put Left Field and the bench way ahead of Frazier in terms of problems for the Reds.
    I agree 100%. I'll buy Frazier as a regular third baseman with a decent steady career over the next few seasons. Not every guy has to be a stud to be valuable. If Todd gives the Reds league average play at third until Rodriguez and/or Vidal are ready to compete for the position then he's valuable as heck. Seems every pundit wants to make it a case for every player being either a superstar or else he's a bust.

For me, Frazier is the IF version of Jonny Gomes. Lefty killer. Can hit righties during a hot stretch but will struggle with an OBP near or below .300 most of the time. Is passable at 3B but would definitely be considered well below average defensively.

Ideally, I'd rather see the Reds address 3B with somebody else and let Frazier be the RH half a platoon in LF with occassional starts against RH (possibly at the other corner spots) when he's hot or other players need time off. Right now he's clearly the best 3B option they have so he plays there.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    You mean the Reds' best 3rd baseman of the past 30 years (no offense to Joe Randa)? All right, I'll take it.
    What about Chris Sabo?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    What about Chris Sabo?
    Oops. Typo. I meant 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The comments about Dusty are dead on.
    Seriously, that is WLW Sportstalk level criticism (or ESPN). They pretty much hit each myth that keeps getting posted around here enough times that people think their much typing of the same thing will somehow make it true.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?