Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Reds vs. Astros Friday 6/1

Re: Reds vs. Astros Friday 6/1

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Let the coke flow like a river.
    Speaking of why run production was down in 1988.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bakers Dozen

That was Mike Scott at the end of the 1986 season. Pure filth. In his last four starts - two regular season and two playoffs - Mike Scott's pitching line was the following:

34 IP 10 HITS 2 ER 5 BB 40 K.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-01-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Or Doc Gooden in his rookie year. That's what Darling called Chappie last September- "A lefthanded Doc".

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    That was Mike Scott at the end of the 1986 season. Pure filth. In his last four starts - two regular season and two playoffs - Mike Scott's pitching line was the following:

34 IP 10 HITS 2 ER 5 BB 40 K.
    AS I recall that's why game six of the 86 playoffs, the extra inning game, was so do or die for the Mets- they knew if they lost they would have to face Scott in game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    AS I recall that's why game six of the 86 playoffs, the extra inning game, was so do or die for the Mets- they knew if they lost they would have to face Scott in game 7.

That was the feeling down here in Houston. Game six was for all the marbles. You never know. But you had to like Scott's chances if there was a game seven.

I had forgotten how literally insane that game was. All I remember is that Manhattan came to a complete stop from innings 13-16. Big game for Billy Hatcher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Na...ionship_Series

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I had forgotten how literally insane that game was. All I remember is that Manhattan came to a complete stop from innings 13-16. Big game for Billy Hatcher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Na...ionship_Series
    There were a number of Astros' fans laughing and pulling on long necks through 8 innings. 3-0 lead. Knepper on the mound. Scott ready to pitch game 7.

Suddenly, Houston we have a problem.

According to MLB that was the 5th greatest game of all time. And 10 days later the Mets played in the 3rd greatest game of all time. Those 8os Mets were underachievers but they were fun to watch.

http://mlb.mlb.com/network/games_airdates/

Turn Off Ads?