Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday, June 1, 2012, Minor League Updates

Re: Friday, June 1, 2012, Minor League Updates

Just as I say that, he's caught stealing after a walk. Even so, I'll take the walk.

Blaze trail 4-2 after four.

2. Turn Off Ads?

There is not too much to get excited this year about many players in the minors. Many people having bad or so-so years , and the ones that are....get injured.

Blaze rallying in the top of the fifth. Single Ewing, bunt single Bowe and Slidin Billy grounds a single up the middle to score one.
    LOL. Speed on the corners. They throw to first and Bowe comes home safely, Hamilton moves up to second. Bowe steals home. Next pitch Hamilton steals third (59). Speed thrills. 4-4. No outs. Hamilton on third. Lohman hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    There is not too much to get excited this year about many players in the minors. Many people having bad or so-so years , and the ones that are....get injured.
    Really that's because the guys who can get you excited are mostly playing in the low levels. I think once they get to AA/AAA guys like Hamilton, Smith, Lutz Cingrani, Pearl, Stephenson, Garrett and maybe a couple in Dayton (the team I am least familiar with) will start getting everyone more excited. I think one or 2 of them will break out big.

Bryson Smith singles home Hamilton. 5-4.

Odd stat. No flyball outs through the first four.

Rogers 4 IP 6 H 4 R 3 ER 0 BB 6 K.

In the top of the 10th, Vidal walks, moves along and scores on a ground ball to put Pensacola up 1-0. Justin Freeman enters to try to nail it down.

Serrano went 5 IP with 5 K, Joseph 1.1 with 3 K, Partch 2.2 with 5 K.

The 'Hoos only have 3 hits. Stephen Hunt has 2 of them.
    Last edited by mace; 06-01-2012 at 11:42 PM.

On one hand, Sharky has given up 8 hits and 4 runs (3 earned) in 5 IP. On the other, he has fanned 7 and walked 0.

After the first two batters were retired, Jackson now has 2 on with 2 out in the bottom of the 10th.
    Last edited by mace; 06-01-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Oh for goodness sake. A wild pitch and single bring in both runners and Jackson wins it 2-1.

I like Sharky. Great gb/fb ratio. Hopefully he can develop into a bonafide bullpen prospect. Don't know if I see him in the rotation. Partch is an intriguing guy too. Inconsistent.

WP and single? Man, the minor league teams just can't seem to get it going. Chance to take over first the other day(Bakersfield) and they blow it. Now the Hoos lose in extras.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I like Sharky. Great gb/fb ratio. Hopefully he can develop into a bonafide bullpen prospect. Don't know if I see him in the rotation. Partch is an intriguing guy too. Inconsistent.
    Partch really hasn't been inconsistent as a reliever, I don't think. He had one bad outing, as I recall, but otherwise has been lights-out since he was moved to the bullpen. Now, as a starter, "inconsistent" would have been too kind a word.

Good info on Partch, Mace. Thanks. I know him mostly from his days starting. He has good stuff but can't seem to command it. Maybe he is designed for the pen.

How do you rate Serrano? I don;t know much about him

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    How do you rate Serrano? I don;t know much about him
    Good slider. Passable fastball. Not much else.

Bakersfield scores 3 in the 8th and 2 more in the ninth to whip San Jose 10-4. Billy Hamilton went 2 for 3 with 3 walks and stole 3 bases (58/59/60). James Ewing had 3 hits and drove in five. Theo Bowe had 3 hits as well to push his average up to .409. Bakersfield had 12 hits, drew 9 walks and had one HBP, so baserunners were pretty much the norm all evening. Sharky had the aforementioned 8 Ks and 0 BBs. Michael Griffin pitched two scoreless innings, striking out 3. And Brian Pearl pitched a perfect ninth.

Turn Off Ads?